• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Guide to PinTradingDB.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guide to PinTradingDB.com
Wondering if we could create a DPDB flyer/card/something to have available at WDAC (at a minimum could have the logo and website address). Get the word out a bit to get the pin community moving on updating the database and using it for trading?

Reactions: Ajk
I did all the steps and the "hover" effect is not working for me. Grr. Wish I knew what I am doing wrong.

The add-on does not work on hover, only on click. I don't have access to the server directly, nor is there a simple API (a way to make very small text requests to the server) that I know of. I could add these features natively with access to the webserver directly :)

So what it does is load the entire individual pin page in the background and just crop to the "Your Details" section. If I made it on hover, and you dragged your mouse over all the images quickly, it would be loading several pages in the background at once. It would be pretty unusable.

The add-on does not work on hover, only on click. I don't have access to the server directly, nor is there a simple API (a way to make very small text requests to the server) that I know of. I could add these features natively with access to the webserver directly :)

So what it does is load the entire individual pin page in the background and just crop to the "Your Details" section. If I made it on hover, and you dragged your mouse over all the images quickly, it would be loading several pages in the background at once. It would be pretty unusable.

Ty for this update, @GreyWyvern !

It's an issue we are working on. But if you add the pin and don't know the price it was, just put any price and send me a PM with the listing so I can keep an eye on it and fix it when I know. I'm pretty sure when you edit the listing, you can delete that price and save it and it will then show as unknown.

It's not going to have all the movies because that would be impossible. To add keywords, put it in the description. That is what I do.

For the French pins, I try to add Zootopia in the description because it's called Zootropolis there. Same with Moana in the US, Vaiana (or something like that) in Europe
Actually they're Soda Fountain pins that aren't showing up for me, like Patriotic Judy, and the Jerry Jumbeaux PTD

Wondering if we could create a DPDB flyer/card/something to have available at WDAC (at a minimum could have the logo and website address). Get the word out a bit to get the pin community moving on updating the database and using it for trading?
That's a great idea. I was kind of hinting to that in chat. I was not going to bring it all up but since others also saw the need for a second or better option. It will be up to Ryan if flyers or any advertising is done. I think like the DPF pamphlet this could be something that each of us has access to so we can share with others.

Ah... would seem the movie title does need to be in the description.
In a similar vain, you have to search specifically for "Prince John" to get all of his pins to come up, only about half show up if you just search "Robin Hood". I like the movie titles to be in the description, makes it easier to find all the pins for that film :p

I added a comment on an Aristocats pin, but it did not make a difference in the search so I am guessing
that the Search Engine does not "look" at comments.

So I can tell what people collect & don’t collect who contribute..

Ariel has 400+ pins, ‘wilderness’ less than 30 (I own about 150-200 that would classify as ‘wilderness’) etc

Ariel has 400+ pins, ‘wilderness’ less than 30 (I own about 150-200 that would classify as ‘wilderness’) etc

I think most of the contributors are West Coast traders, so that has a lot to do with it too. Anything WDW specific is definitely less.

I think most of the contributors are West Coast traders, so that has a lot to do with it too. Anything WDW specific is definitely less.
Well... then... add YOUR pins... :)

Right, it comes up if you search "Judy", but not if you search "Zootopia"

That is weird, the Jerry PTD should have shown up because I did put zootopia in the description when I first created it. I do that usually for PTDs. I am adding more to the description for the various pins as well.

@starry_solo, although I am trying to search multiple ways I uploaded a duplicate again. The duplicate is this pin:
Star wars vehicle pin of the month x-wing.

14320 (the original listing) came up as a 'same release' date only after I had uploaded my duplicate entry.

The description in 14320 could be beefed up so searching on "Star Wars" "Vehicle" "Month" would bring up the pin.

At least I learned something with this particular duplicate... order the pins and look for a pin with the release date... and I did this search for the last SW Vehicle pin (Snowspeeder) which I also just uploaded. I did not find this one at all...

@starry_solo, although I am trying to search multiple ways I uploaded a duplicate again. The duplicate is this pin:
Star wars vehicle pin of the month x-wing.

14320 (the original listing) came up as a 'same release' date only after I had uploaded my duplicate entry.

The description in 14320 could be beefed up so searching on "Star Wars" "Vehicle" "Month" would bring up the pin.

At least I learned something with this particular duplicate... order the pins and look for a pin with the release date... and I did this search for the last SW Vehicle pin (Snowspeeder) which I also just uploaded. I did not find this one at all...

Fixed. I also changed the title to the kept one (the older) and copied & pasted your information from the newer listing. I merged the pins so there is no longer a 18363.

One of these days, I will find time to go through all the pins and delete/merge any duplicate entries

Fixed. I also changed the title to the kept one (the older) and copied & pasted your information from the newer listing. I merged the pins so there is no longer a 18363.

One of these days, I will find time to go through all the pins and delete/merge any duplicate entries
Should I keep letting you know when I enter a duplicate? Or is this just annoying? (I am trying very hard not to enter dups... but crying human again.) :)

Ideally there would be an option (behind a CAPTCHA) for any user to flag two pin entries as duplicates. These flags would accumulate and be visible in part of the administration area. Then all the admins would need to do is keep track of what users are reporting, rather than combing the entire database every few months or weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back