• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Guide to Zen Pin Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guide to Zen Pin Trading

Geoff

Almost >< A DPF Charter Member
Rating - 75%
3   1   0
Do not trade out of someones collection and go with the path of least resistance.

I have discovered that people bring their collection as well as their traders to the park. Always ask what they collect when approaching a pin trader and trade anything anything out of their book but that becuase people tend to put a much higher value on pins that they like. Make sure that you have pins that you don't care for to make sure you can trade with people and not feel guilty about losing your favorite pin.

What are your personal rules to pin trading?

WM-Zen.jpg

I ALWAYS ask is this your collection or your traders?? lol . . . it helps me a ton!!!!

I also try not to show tooo much interest in a pin when I see one I really want!!! Otherwise they seem to trade me harder for it.

I ALWAYS ask is this your collection or your traders?? lol . . . it helps me a ton!!!!

I also try not to show tooo much interest in a pin when I see one I really want!!! Otherwise they seem to trade me harder for it.

Yep! Keep your poker face when you see pins you like!

zen Zen ZEn ZEN

Looking through pin traders pages and pages of pins..

..only to find one pin worth consideration..

..only to be told that's one of my private collection = not zen

..and you can't even say..thanks for the waste of time..

Last edited:
I never understand why people would bring their collection to the parks or event. If you're not going to trade them, what's the point, especially when people start looking through them figuring they're your traders, only to be told, oh no, that's my collection. WTF? Then leave it at home! *shaking head*

I have only been to one pin trading event and I didn't bring any of my personal pins, but I did bring some to a little gathering before because people wanted to see them, but I made sure to say 'these are my keepers'. I am usually happy to trade a core pin for any other core pin, even better if I can get a core pin I want / a core pin I like from a core/core trade. In all honesty I am not that bothered about my traders, they are for trading and I am not attached to them I just want something I like / want to go in to my collection from them.

I actually found the biggest problem was 'what to do with my haul'. I was at mouse meets for 2 days and I put all of my new pins in a pocket in the back to keep them safe and people kept going to unzip it and I had to keep saying, 'yeah thats what I got this weekend'. Hands off my new collections dude XD!!!

I do feel quite zen about pin trading, though I get very excited when I get a pin I want!

I never understand why people would bring their collection to the parks or event. If you're not going to trade them, what's the point, especially when people start looking through them figuring they're your traders, only to be told, oh no, that's my collection. WTF? Then leave it at home! *shaking head*

I can not speak for others but my fam is new to the pin hobby. We bring our collection because its small and most of waht we have. We have 65-75 pins and they were all bought or traded for at DLR. I think even when i do get 1000s of pins (like many of u have) i will still wear a collection lanyard. Silly me. Seems like the kind of thing to wear at the parks. i wll get a book or other thing for trade pins.

ps. we always tell ppl that most of what we have is not for trade cuz we are new.

I actually found the biggest problem was 'what to do with my haul'. I was at mouse meets for 2 days and I put all of my new pins in a pocket in the back to keep them safe and people kept going to unzip it and I had to keep saying, 'yeah thats what I got this weekend'. Hands off my new collections dude XD!!!

..for an improved zen pin trading experience..

..you could try using either a fanny pack or a small over the shoulder bag with a zipper..you just stash your haul in there..and..outa site outa mind..and you can't easily get ripped off.. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back