• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Have you ever found a pin on the floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever found a pin on the floor?

YoSoyAhPuch

hello
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I know I was lucky enough to find one (actually it was my girlfriend, but she gave it to me :drool: ) on the floor in line for Alice in Wonderland at Disneyland. It was this pin:

pin67985-1.jpg

It had no rubber back. So later in the day she found one of those too!

Has anyone else found a pin? Just curious.

No such luck:frown: :frown:

I have lost the odd one or 2 hence I dont wear a lanyard anymore but use a small pin trading bag when in the parks

Donna

Between my kids and I we have found 8 - 10 pins.
Thats why I told everyone about the cool locking backs I use.
Most of them we have found are at the trading tables where careless people drop them.
As soon as we see one, we do ask if anyone dropped a pin and if noone is missing it, we hold it till the end of our trading day.
At that point it becomes our pin.

We did have one child (with parents) who had just got a certain pin (an LE1000) and later in the day, they must have realized they lost it because she specifically traded for it and came back to the tables to see if we had found it. My daughter said yes, showed her the pin which she had previously described and gave it to her. The pin obviously had quick sentimental value to the child so the parents were very grateful and bought Lizzie a Churro and Soda for being honest and returning the pin.

I've never found a pin, but a few PTNs ago, I did find 3 or 4 3" Vinylmations on the ground. I handed them over to a cast member because I figured if I went around asking if they belonged to anyone, a dozen people would've claimed they were theirs.

I have one found one or two. One of them I found and put on my lanyard. I took it home and when I came back to DLR the next time it fell off. I guess it just wanted to be lost or something. :)

I found a hidden mickey completer pin on the floor at MK, the pin back was about 10 feet away from it.

I actually bought a collection from a guy that worked at WDW for years. He was a street sweeper and literally had over 200 pins he had picked up in the time he worked there. He was thrilled to sell them, I was thrilled to buy them. A lot of it was so-so pins but a few cool pins in there as well!

I've found several pins at the Magic Kingdom. The ones I that I remember: one was a sedsma, kaa from Jungle book; The other was I love new york pin, which I wasn't suprised that it fell because it was really heavy. Anyway, it kinda breaks even as I've dropped a few pins, even a lanyard on the bus, before.:lol:

Last edited:
patecake.jpg

October, 2005. Pat E. Cake had been hosting parties. He knew I had been watching him most of the morning. He thought he could get away. No such luck. I caught up with him just as he was trying to slip backstage by the door next to First Aid. I said to him, "give it up, Cake, you got no where to go. Hand it over." He says, "I can't, it's part of the costume that I have to turn in when I clock out. It's not mine.". I says to him, "Last chance. Hand it over." He just stares at me, says, "I can't!" So I let him have it. One punch, and the poor fool was down. I tore it off his apron, and said to him, "you should have just given it up. Now look at you, all dirty and beaten up". He just layed there under the benches, crying to himself. Was I wrong to assault an on-stage CM, just to get a piece of plastic for my collection? Yes. But if something so wrong, feels so right, I guess I am in trouble!

Just a few, most have been stepped on and scuffed up pretty badly. DD14 found one in the DTD bathroom, she put it on her lanyard and hoped to find the owner but no luck so she kept it. A few times when we were at a table we would pick up our bag and find a random pin that wasn't ours, we would put it in our book and hold onto it until the end of our trip, if we found the owner we gave it back, if not it became ours when we left. We find/found more backs then pins to be honest. Oh and DD10 did find one with her foot once......ya that wasn't fun.

Over the years, I've found a lot of pins and pin backs laying around WDW. The most memorable one was the Hidden Mickey Chip and Dale Dole Whip pin that I found on the bottom of my shoe.

We've found around 5 pins at dland over the last few years. We usually find them waiting in line. None of them were anything too exciting and we usually end up giving them to a kid in line and explain pin trading to them.

I trod on one in Magic Kingdom. It was one of the 2000 dancers pins. I think it had been down there a while it wasn't in very good condition. I'm just glad I was wearing trainers!

I found a lanyard with about 15 pins on it in the Epcot parking lot after closing last week. I drove it over to the security car and gave it to them to turn in to lost and found. I hope the owner got it back.

I've found a few pins on the bottom of my shoes at PTN's and I'd put them on my lanyards to see if anyone would claim them. I find lots and lots of them on my floor at home, that occurs daily! I've lost quite a few in the parks and in the house too so I figure it's about even.

My wife Ferret is so named for being attracted to shiny things
over the last 6 years we have found over a dozen pins on the ground at WDW and surrounding areas, including hidden Mickey and rack pins. countless pin backs , passes, room keys,Park tickets, jewelery , cash , coins, credit cards, shopping bags still full of stuff
the pins and small change we kept, the rest was turned in to guest relations

OH and of course at home, my bare feet have found two pins that fell off the cork board. OUCH !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back