• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello from the Bay Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello from the Bay Area

AlaskanMalamute

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Hello from Northern California, the Bay Area to be a little more precise.

Thought we would finally pop into the introduction thread and say hello.

So here we goooooooo!

HELLO everyone, my name is Andy and my wife is Shawna. We have been collecting for a few years now but have only really become aware of the true world of pin trading since our last trip to DLR in July 2017 where we also got engaged. Just after the electrical light parade and just before the fire works. What a magical time! The second best day of our lives! What’s the first you ask? Well that would be the birth of our daughter a few months later. We can’t wait to share our love and excitement for Disney with her. Her current favorites are Moana, Hercules and The Lion King. Rewatching the few movies that we have has brought back so much nostalgia! Just remembering how I would watch Peter Pan, Aladdin, Lion King, Cinderella, Jungle Book, Newsies and others over and over and over and then just one more time.

My wife handles the Facebook and Instagram side of our trading, so a few of you may have already worked with her on a purchase. I on the other hand have taken on the forum side. So we tag team this crazy world of pin trading.
After lurking around the forum for a little while and posting comments here and there we hopped in a pin game which was pretty exciting. Now I think we’ve hit the benchmark and can post our own trade and sales threads. We still have yet to make trade with another trader but hopefully that will happen soon.

We look forward to being a part of this community and love what we have experienced already and can’t wait for more! We hope to make it to DLR and other events more frequently and have the chance to meet some of you wonderful people in person.

As far as collecting we have narrowed it down to just about everything. Except Frozen, Stitch, Cars, and a few other Pixar films that we just can bring ourselves to like enough to collect. I planned on posting a looking to trade thread and will soon but I’ll leave our PinPics ID here please check it out and hopefully we can get some trades going. Up until this point we have mostly only purchased pins so a trade would be fun.

So Hello from the Bay.
PinPics ID: AlaskanMalamute

Welcome to the posting side of the forum and graduating from the lurking side. For myself I have dealt with a few people here and they are all top notch and could not ask for better.

Welcome to the madness.

If you are so inclined, we have Pin trading days every six weeks or so. The next one is here.
41200 Blacow Rd
Fremont, California 94538

June 6th 11:00 to 4:00

Welcome to the madness.

If you are so inclined, we have Pin trading days every six weeks or so. The next one is here.
41200 Blacow Rd
Fremont, California 94538

June 6th 11:00 to 4:00

I saw the one for April but couldn’t go because it conflicted with our schedule. Hopefully we can make this upcoming one

Welcome to non-lurkdom! I was born and raised in the Bay Area (San Jose, specifically). I've lived in So Cal since 2007, but San Jose still feels like home when I go back to visit. :)

Welcome welcome! I'm from the Bay Area as well. :) There are also non-forum pin meet-ups in Sunnyvale on the last Sunday of every month, if you need more events to try. Happy pin trading!

Hi, what’s the trading event that goes on in Sunnyvale?

A bunch of local pin traders meet at the Comic Collector Shop from about 11am - 4pm on the last Sunday of each month to trade pins. The shop also sells a lot of Disney pins ($5-15 OE to more rare and expensive pins). It's usually a smaller gathering than the one in Fremont (partially due to a smaller venue), but always a good time! :)

A bunch of local pin traders meet at the Comic Collector Shop from about 11am - 4pm on the last Sunday of each month to trade pins. The shop also sells a lot of Disney pins ($5-15 OE to more rare and expensive pins). It's usually a smaller gathering than the one in Fremont (partially due to a smaller venue), but always a good time! :)

Thank you, we will have to check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back