• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello! New to this

Hi and Welcome! We're very glad you've found us and we're happy to have you as part of our community. :)

So the best advice I can give you, well, you've already discovered for yourself. If you don't know something, ask. IMO, that's the best way to learn and the only silly questions are the ones that don't get asked. Yes, pins and pin trading can be a bit ... okay, sometimes very ... overwhelming, but you should remember that even the most experienced pin trader started out exactly where you are right now: brand new, confused, and in various stages of overwhelmed. Ask as many questions as you have, I'm certain that someone (or several someones) will be more than happy to answer them for you.

As far as your collection itself goes, have you decided what you want to collect? If not, may I suggest limiting your collection to, at most, a few characters and/or themes? I can't advise you on how many would be 'too many' as that would depend upon which characters and/or themes you have chosen. What I would not recommend is doing what I did when I first started pin collecting, which is acquiring multiples of every single shiny piece of metal with a pointy back attached to it that was sold on a limited edition card on it regardless of whether I actually cared about the character just because I was advised by several well-intentioned cast members and pin traders that it would become a 'good trader' at some point. As a beginner, focus on deciding what you want to collect and start building your collection; worry about getting pins as traders later as you feel less overwhelmed and more comfortable with the habit ... er ... hobby.

Most importantly, do not forget to have fun.

Heyyy Stacyyy! Welcome to the partyyy! :lgm::cool:

Dancecats gave you some really great advice. You'll be a much happier trader after you've been a collector for a bit. And with well over 100K pins out there to collect, definitely focus it on some subset that speaks to you.

Hello new friend!!! Welcome to the crazy and exciting world of pin trading/collecting! Feel free to ask any question at any time bc this is a constantly evolving hobby! Lots of knowledge can be found here on the forum and it’s always a resource to get information!

We’re excited to learn what you have interests in for your collections! If you’d like to trade at any time let us know!!

Welcome! There is definitely a learning curve when it comes to collecting and trading pins, so give yourself grace and know that in a few months you will know much more than you do now. As others have said, please feel free to ask questions. I also learned a lot when I first found this forum by reading past posts.

hello and welcome! lots of good advice above.. also, def browse around the forum. there's lots of good discussion on here which should help ease into the pin fun :D

Check out pin comparison page. So much to learn. If you just cruise around the threads you'll see a lot of good stuff.

Back