• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

SOLD! Help a Wizard in a Game of Chess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLD! Help a Wizard in a Game of Chess?

MerlinEmrys

Hicitus Pinicus!
Rating - 100%
603   0   0
Hey gang! So I've hit a windfall and knocked out a huge portion of the JDS Chess set all in one swoop! So I thought it was time for a case!

42d75d68ff9141e5c9f93e82a69fbe10.jpg

I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty freaking excited. XD each square is hand cut out of felt (which took forever....) but I couldn't be happier with the results! And so now that it's in a case, it's official and I really would like to finish it up! So, if you have any of the pieces or know someone trading, please let me know! Here's a list:

f7cd3940a0d6df2154df4cf8a876665f.jpg

Missing both Kings, both Queens, the two Pluto Rooks, and both sets of Knights. Not many left now!

Any help is great appreciated! :D thanks!

~Merlin

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That is an awesome set! Never seen it before. Good luck with the search!
Thanks! I've had my eye on it forever, but never really actively went for it. But after snagging half at once for about $6 a pin, I thought it was a sign. XD

And expensive sign. But a sign. XD

~Merlin

Nice chess board!! I thought you laid out one color and cut the squares from the other color. Nice craftsmanship. Good luck with your hunt!
That was my first option, but the cork board showed through the white too much. So one layer of solid white, then white and black squares laid on top. :3

Great chess set. I hadn't seen this. Good job with the board as well. Love me some hot glue! Works for most crafty things I have found. How thick is your piece of cork? Do the pin posts go all the way through so that you can put the backs on to hold them in place? I've had some problems with cork....

c15def9272403b5f80f0082ed9ca1f6f.jpg

Got the Scrooge pieces! :D updated board on the front page. Shout out to Counselor for alerting me to the sale! :3

~Merlin

OMG I did not know this set existed. Sooo cute. If they ever did a full Alice set like this, not just the hidden mickeys or the Soda Shop, but a full on set, I would be so broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back