• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Help loading my new siggy from Tony!

Help loading my new siggy from Tony!

bjean

Pin Fairy Godmother
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Tbird made me this awesome new siggy and try as I might, I cannot get it to work for me ... I can get a still image but I cannot get the dang thing to load with the gif and have the images change (my most wanted pins) ... Tony even posted it on the Test board and it's working great! I have it hosted on Photobucket ... but no matter what I do, I get invalid file error ... or something about the file exceeding master file size or something. Ugh! Any ideas of what I can try? I can't even get it to load from my computer ... I can get the still picture to load, just not the cool pin image changing one.

Signed ... "you know you're too old when ..." lol! Thanks, *bjr

Here are the instructions I usually give out, which tend to work! If not, PM Me and I'll be more detailed!!

***you have to upload the gif file to photo bucket, and then click on it on photobucket so that it appears as though you are looking only at the gif, and on the right side of the screen, you will see 4 boxes with links or website pages. click on the one that says direct link. When you do, it will read "copied".

Then come here, to where you edit your sig, and on the toolbar, browse for the insert image button (looks like a frame with a tree inside), and paste the link there.

Hit Ok, and save sig. and you should be done.

Here are the instructions I usually give out, which tend to work! If not, PM Me and I'll be more detailed!!

***you have to upload the gif file to photo bucket, and then click on it on photobucket so that it appears as though you are looking only at the gif, and on the right side of the screen, you will see 4 boxes with links or website pages. click on the one that says direct link. When you do, it will read "copied".

Then come here, to where you edit your sig, and on the toolbar, browse for the insert image button (looks like a frame with a tree inside), and paste the link there.

Hit Ok, and save sig. and you should be done.

Hey there Alex, I tried this and lots of other things too with NO luck; however, Tony (Tbird) came up with an idea and IT WORKED!! Tony’s the man!!! It seems my DPF account may have a few issues … so I think I’ll send them an email to check out my account and see if there are compatibility issues or versions vs. updates … or something. The good news is that I can now show off this fabulous siggy that Tony made for me!! Woot, woot!! I love it!! BIG THANK YOU to Tbird!!! You ROCK!!

Back