• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Here is this week's discussion thread for DS.com's 3/14 releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is DS.com getting out of the pin business?

Hi! I was just wondering this because it seems that every Monday when I go to the site, there are less and less pins shown. Today, in fact, there are only 3 pins under new arrivals. And, I think, these pins were already there last week.

Hope somebody has some inside information.

its the same on the uk site we only have 6 pins on the whole site at the moment

I saw that!! what's up with that? I have someone in the UK who's interested in a pin of mine, and is offering to purchase something from UK disney, but only having a choice of 6 pins makes it a bit difficult to choose, as there's nothing i'm interested in!

Not sure about the UK site, but the line for the North American one seems to be that they're scaling stuff back as they prep for the inter-state move of their base of operations. Guess we'll have to wait a few weeks and see if it picks up again or not.

I will say this: if the decrease in pins is due to low sales, they should just remove the limit on how many of each design you can get per order. I've passed on a couple recent releases because of that myself - shipping is too high for a single pin, but I'd've bought extras to trade if it was allowed. If creating a pin-buying frenzy of scalpers every Sunday night is what's necessary to get regular, good-sized releases each week, I'm all for it.

-JD

Thanks for the info, Gloomy!

I wasn't aware of the Sunday night/very early Monday releases. I've just been in the habit of checking the Disney Shopping site, for years now it seems, every Monday afternoon. Sure wish they'd bring back free shipping on Mondays! The pin prices keep increasing, and I agree that the shipping cost for only one pin is too high. Since I'm really only interested in one Disney movie group of characters, it's a pain to have to pay that amount for shipping if there's only one pin I want. Then I have to decide if I want to wait for awhile and worry that it might sell out or possibly still be there and on sale during one of their events. What makes me the most upset, though, is to buy a pin and then open the package only to find it be flawed in some way! It definitely happens more times than I care to think about. In the past you could call them and get the problem taken care of. Meaning they'd send you another one or send you a postage paid envelope to send the flawed one back for an exchange. But now they tell you to take it back to a Disney Store. Kind of difficult when there isn't one in my area any longer! So I end up keeping the flawed pin and sometimes trying to get another one somehow.

Wow, they are sure making it easy for me to keep my New Years resolution of not spending so much money on pins this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back