• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hidden Mickey help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hidden Mickey help

AshleyV

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I'm fairly new to pin trading, and just got burned by a bad set of counterfeit HM pins that I purchased. It took me a while to figure out they were counterfeit, but luckily I had more pins from that set (and from a different seller) that were legit, so I was able to compare some things in person and figure it out.

While this hasn't soured me on purchasing pins secondhand, I'm extra wary about doing it for HM pins now, especially since I've heard they're some of the most scrapped pins on the market.

My question is this: Does anyone know how soon counterfeit HM pins show up after the waves have been released? Is there any way for me to guarantee I'm getting the real deal from a CM if I visit the parks right after the release? Or should I steer clear altogether?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks. :)

(Edited to change "scrappers" to "counterfeits" because that's what I believe I received.)

Last edited:
Hidden Mickey fakes have been known to turn up even before the real ones have been released. But that is fortunately not too often. Your best bet is to get them from a local to the park immediately after the new ones are released. If someone is selling new HMs from Anaheim or Orlando right after a new release (and has good feedback) they're more likely legit than someone in say, Ohio or Minnesota selling the same pins a few months later (not that they couldn't have made a trip to get them, but locals see what's on the lanyards regularly and may be better at judging real from fake - especially if they've been around for a while).

Ah, good to know. I hadn't thought of trying to get them from locals, but that's probably easier than waiting around the parks and just hoping I don't end up with counterfeits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back