• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

High-Demand Pins with No Official LE

Status
Not open for further replies.
High-Demand Pins with No Official LE

cadien

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
The new Australia pin from Disney Movie Rewards is what inspired this question, but it’s not a unique situation.

How do you value a pin for trading when there is no known edition size but it sold out in 48 hours? PinPics is already showing me about a hundred things from my want list that I can ask for but how do I know what is equivalent? I don’t want to insult anyone. Or get on that list of ridiculous trade requests.

I think the best way would be to compare eBay prices between the pin you are offering to trade and the pin you want. I've traded an LE 2000 pin for an LE 300 before no problem. But then again someone turned down one of my offers because my pin was a "higher LE size and therefore not as valuable as his". It really depends on the person. Some people don't care that much about value at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would go by sold eBay values, but I too have been scoffed at for offering a non LE for a LE pin even though they were similar in value. Offer what you think is fair and don't worry about getting turned down, it never hurts to try.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

It's hard; just remember that at the end of the day, a pin is worth only what a person is willing to give up, whether through a trade or sale, to acquire it. Because the pin in question is so new, there hasn't been time to establish a generally accepted value 'range' for it.

I would look at previous sales (not listings) on auction sites, discard the outliers (highest because the buyer was desperate/impatient; lowest because the pin possibly was poorly listed or closed at an awkward time), and take the average of the remaining to get an approximate working 'value'.

As a side note, when I sent out trade requests, I always asked myself: if ownership of the pins were reversed, would I still make the trade? If the answer is yes, I go ahead and send the trade requests; if the answer is no, I delete and change them. Good luck with your trade requests; I hope you're able to trade for this pin.

Oh, and don't be offended if very few of your trade requests get a reply. As I recall, if 10% of my requests received a reply (and 1% were acceptances), I considered that a massive success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back