• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hong Kong Disneyland Halloween set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hong Kong Disneyland Halloween set

cyke23

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I bought this set on eBay. It’s the one with Donald, Judy, Finnick as ghosts and Baymax as magician. It came with its packaging/card/price sticker, and I put in a drawer. Several days later, when it was time to exchange a pin on my Halloween lanyard with the Baymax one, I wanted to see how it glows. It didn’t. None of them did. I even tried putting in direct sunlight because maybe it needed a “natural” recharge. Nope. So bummed. I’m thinking, “Did this seller sell me fakes with the right packaging?” The fronts look good, and now I just noticed the backs have borders. I sent a message to the seller (of course way after I gave a positive rating when I received the set), so we’ll see.

I was there just a few weeks ago and got my pins there in person. The packaging does say Glows in the Dark. So does the villains set from HKDL.

There’s been a lot of these on eBay, selling for very cheap. I do suspect they have been scrapped, and usually scrappers won’t have effects like glow :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But do they actually glow?
It was normal, the greenish effect. The longer it was under the light the longer the glow lasted.

One thing about the pins having a large area with the glow paint is you can see some of the uneven layers of the glow paint in the dark. Some parts of the pin had a thicker layer of paint that you can only see in the dark as it was glowing.

There’s been a lot of these on eBay, selling for very cheap. I do suspect they have been scrapped, and usually scrappers won’t have effects like glow :(

Yeah, so that’s why I was thinking if the person had the whole package, they wouldn’t be scrapped. But apparently the card may be easy to print too? Oh well.

I got my set from a very trusted pickup person in Hong Kong. The backs of mine do have a slight border and a printed FAC number. They had an extremely faint glow until I shone a really bright light at them (used my iphone's flashlight at close range for a minute) and then the glow was much stronger. Have you tried anything except natural light?

I got my set from a very trusted pickup person in Hong Kong. The backs of mine do have a slight border and a printed FAC number. They had an extremely faint glow until I shone a really bright light at them (used my iphone's flashlight at close range for a minute) and then the glow was much stronger. Have you tried anything except natural light?

Ok whew! I just looked at mine on my work lanyard and noticed the small border on Finnick and printed FAC

No FAC numbers on mine. I also put high intensity light on them (phone light, flashlight)...not even a glimmer of glow. Lesson learned: no feedback on the Bay until after close inspection. Thanks for all the input.

ebaa98b9a9ba318e4b2a96da2ab5b3f6.jpg

2b51440583301e39a29ea7947733bf2c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you still file a dispute on eBay, even if you had left feedback? I’d look into it, on the grounds you thought they were authentic until compared with another set and note the discrepancies??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back