• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How to decide what to collect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to decide what to collect?
I have a "collection" of just straightforward souvenir pins from various parks, resorts, events, museums, etc. I've been to, but my REAL collection began quite organically. I collect pins related to Jules Verne and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, which have Disney characters on them. It started as souvenirs from Tokyo DisneySea, when I picked up pins for their 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Journey to the Center of the Earth rides that had Mickey and Minnie on them. Then when I started actually collecting pins, it grew from there.

Every time since then, when I've considered starting another collection from scratch, it never really goes anywhere. I thought about a Main St. USA collection, but nope. Then a Fantasia collection, but that didn't happen either. I think I just don't have the will or money to start a collection for the sake of having a collection. I'm still pretty content with the collection that started naturally, even if I pretty much have everything I want for it now.

I would say to just collect something that you enjoy and love whether it's a movie, character, series, place, or whatever it is. If that makes you happy, then go for it.
I personally started collecting Mulan pins because I just LOVE the movie, especially her character. I mean.. I do love the other movies too, but she's the one that stands out from the crowd to me. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back