I guess I should introduce myself...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sunoo, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Sunoo

Sunoo Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Hi everyone! I'm pretty new to all this still, but I've been building up a collection. My primary focus is Stitch, followed by Tiki Room and the Polynesian Resort. It seems I've definitely picked some categories that have a good amount of choices to them. I haven't been able to help myself from picking up a few others that don't fit, but I feel like I'm probably not alone there.

If you're curious what I have so far, I have a PinPics account and also a PinTradingDB account.

starry_solo and MommaIvy like this.
  2. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    370   0   0

Welcome:lgm:

3. MommaIvy

MommaIvy Active Member

0   0   0

Hello there! I’m new to this as well but I’m really enjoying this forum. Happy trading!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Sunoo

Sunoo Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Thanks! Yea, this forum seems pretty great. I actually bought some things from here before I realized I should probably introduce myself. :stitch:

starry_solo likes this.
  5. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    510   0   0

Welcome!

And thanks for adding pictures/pins to Pin Trading Database! :D

6. Sunoo

Sunoo Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

So far I like that site more than PinPics, the only downside is it has a much smaller database. I'm happy to help fill in the gaps that I'm able to.

It doesn't help that I joined this hobby right before that recent PinPics outage, so perhaps that colored my opinions a bit. :p

starry_solo likes this.
  7. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Hello there and welcome to the forum :)

8. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    510   0   0

LOL. When you add pins, if it's one pin in a multi-pin set, would you please add the other pins too (even if you don't have it). That way, we can have them grouped together. I go through the page to see which pins are missing photos and see if I can find someone with the pin to get a photo from :D

9. Sunoo

Sunoo Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Sure, but for the most part, I don't know what the full set is, and I don't want to cause problems by getting the info from PinPics. If you have advice on how to get that info, I'd be more than happy to add them in the future.

10. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    510   0   0

I usually check ebay :) I can typically find the booster or mystery pack, people have pictures of the back (except for the price tag, which is weird, it's like, c'mon, we know you're selling it for more than retail cuz of the fees, stop trying to hide it, lol.)

11. Sunoo

Sunoo Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

That's a good idea, I'll see what I can do in the future. I can't promise that I'll have the time to do the research for every pin I add though.

starry_solo likes this.
  12. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    105   0   0

Hi and Welcome!

13. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

Welcome to the forum!:lgm:

14. TammyH