Illinois pin trading meetup!

Discussion in 'Pin Trading Gatherings' started by Sarah_scarne, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Sarah_scarne

Sarah_scarne Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Is anybody interested in have a pin trading event in IL? I'm willing to book a place as long as we get enough people. Comment if you would partake in this event!

2. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

It sounds interesting, though just where in Illinois? I unfortunately live just about as far south from Chicago as it can get...

3. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    87   0   0

Depends on where. I'm near Cleveland, OH. Chicago is a 6-7 hr drive for me. My in-laws live outside of Chicago and we are planning on going out to see them this summer. I might be able to do this

4. meteorologist1

meteorologist1 New Member

0   0   0

Hi! I'm interested! I just started pin trading last December while visiting Disney World in Florida and would love to find others who trade pins in the Chicago area or the Midwest. I live in the Chicago suburbs.

5. Sarah_scarne

Sarah_scarne Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

I live in the Chicago suburbs. I'm about 45 minutes from the city. Depends on how many people are interested we can try to do a meetup in the middle for everyone!

6. rj1980

rj1980 Tiki Room (DL) Fanatic

0   0   0

Anywhere near Aurora?

7. meteorologist1

meteorologist1 New Member

0   0   0

8. PlebianPirate15

PlebianPirate15 New Member

0   0   0

Yes, the group is still active. They had a pin meetup yesterday.

9. Ghst_hst_1

Ghst_hst_1 New Member

0   0   0

I might. It kind of depends on my medical health. I definitely would be very interested. I would want to go. Its just I have a hard time planning or committing ahead. I have medical issues that are unpredictable. I livee in southern WI.

10. pins4twin

pins4twin Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I belong to the Windy City pin traders and we meet the third Saturday of every month at the Fuddruckers in Downers Grove. It is right at the junction of I-355 and Butterfield. We will be meeting this Saturday at 11 am if anyone is interested. Some people are down at WDW this week, so turn out might be a little light.

11. Pengy

Pengy Member

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

I would love to! I've never been able to attend the windy city group due to coaching gymnastics. I live in the suburbs as well, north west. We had a meetup one time a couple years ago just outside of IL in Indiana near the border and would love to see another meetup. Feeling disney deprived.

12. MasteringMatt

MasteringMatt Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Of course I find this today and your meet up was today. Are they still going on?

13. pins4twin

pins4twin Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Yes, we had a pin meet on Nov 18th, 2017. Some of the members were down at WDW, but then some others who come rarely, showed up. We will meet again on Dec 16th, our Christmas meet. We have a gift exchange this meet, a grab bag type of thing. A $20-$25 Disney related gift, but you do not have to bring a gift to come to the meet.

14. aleck2008

aleck2008 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I'm wondering if it's Windy City Pin traders? If so, how big is the meet usually? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. pins4twin

pins4twin Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Yes, these are the Windy City Pin traders. On a slow day we will have about 10 active traders, but we usually have closer to fifteen. On a busy day, when we get visitors from Indiana, Minnesota and southern Illinois we can have over twenty traders and the room gets pretty crowded.

16. aleck2008

aleck2008 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thank you. I may check this out next month :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. MasteringMatt

MasteringMatt Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Is this still held in at the Fudruckers in Downers Grove and if so what time does it usually start. I don't think I can make the December meet up but I really want to come to the January event.

18. pins4twin

pins4twin Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Yes, we still meet at the Fuddruckers in Downers Grove on Findlay(?) and Butterfield road. Meet starts at 11 am when the doors open, but organizers get there earlier to set some stuff up, so they can let you in if you are early. They let us use the side room of the restaurant, and it is not well insulated, so if it is cold outside be sure to bring a sweatshirt or hoodie. Third Saturday of each month.

19. MasteringMatt

MasteringMatt Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Saturday December 16th will be the next meet up then? How do people usually bring their pins? I am so new to this I have no idea how to display or make them easily transportable.

20. pins4twin

pins4twin Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Most of us use binders like Case-It's, or trapper keepers to hold our pins. We put them in 9 pocket plastic sleeve pages that you would usually use for trading cards, like Pokémon. Some also use fabric pin books that we got from WDW. I have three binders and one pin book and I use a small piece of luggage to get them into and out of the restaurant.

21. Ryan Brandes

Ryan Brandes New Member

0   0   0

This has been a great event for me to learn from since I found the meet-up 2 months ago. lots of nice people and pins to trade.

22. Pengy

Pengy Member

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

I can't believe I still haven't made it to a single one of these since moving to Illinois 2 years ago

23. MasteringMatt

MasteringMatt Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I need to make it to one as well. I just don't think this Saturday, with holiday parties and and all will work.