• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I'm having trouble posting a reply in my own thread

I'm having trouble posting a reply in my own thread

PixarPerils

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I made this thread early this morning.

http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?9634-Pictures-from-the-Texas-pin-meet-at-Figgy-s-house-Oct-22-2011

I posted it on the wrong board, and the moderator kindly moved it to where it needed to go. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the problem I am experiencing. But I thought I'd mention it, in case it does matter.

The problem is that when I go to reply in the thread, I get this vbulletin message:

"PixarPerils, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."
I can't see why I would not have sufficient priveleges to post a reply in my own thread, so I thought that it must be #2 that is happening. Is it possible that a moderator disabled my account, simply because I posted one thread on the wrong board? I don't think that could be what happened, because if my DPF account was disabled, then I wouldn't be able to post this thread, asking for help.

So it must be a glitch or something? How can I get this resolved?

Hi Pamela
I just replied with NO problems..did you try to reply from the original post after it was moved?I am trying to figure this out for ya
Did you clean your cache out?DO you have something on the bottom of the page in YELLOW..saying"SHOW all content"click here?
its a yellow bar that shows up!I get that all the time because of Internet Exployer 9 installed!I do not know if you have that
but if so..that could be too.Hopefully Bryan will see this and maybe he can figure it out...I love seeing the pics..thanks again
for sharing them!

Hi Doomscarf. Thanks for the idea. I don't know why it didn't occur to me to PM them. I just thought this board was where we were supposed to go to get help. If I can't get it resolved soon, I'll PM a moderator directly. :)

Hi Pamela
I just replied with NO problems..did you try to reply from the original post after it was moved?I am trying to figure this out for ya
Did you clean your cache out?DO you have something on the bottom of the page in YELLOW..saying"SHOW all content"click here?
its a yellow bar that shows up!I get that all the time because of Internet Exployer 9 installed!I do not know if you have that
but if so..that could be too.Hopefully Bryan will see this and maybe he can figure it out...I love seeing the pics..thanks again
for sharing them!

Judy, thank you for these suggestions!
-I am trying to reply from the current location, on the Event Coverage board.
-I do have Internet Explorer, but I do not see that yellow bar that you mentioned.

Hey! Thanks for the heads up -- there was a problem with the permissions on that particular forum where we set it to people couldnt reply to their own threads.

reasoning behind this is that originally the "Event Coverage" forum was supposed to be for "official" DPF coverage by admins/mods and correspondents only, so the intent was that we (admins and mods) would be the only people posting/creating threads in that forum. when members started contributing their own photos and media from their local events, we would move their threads there, but never updated the permissions to reflect that.

you should be okay now :)

Back