Interest in a pin trading meet up in the Dallas/Fort Worth area?

Discussion in 'Pin Trading Gatherings' started by caroline23, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caroline23

caroline23 Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Hi all!

I just wanted to see if there was any interest in a pin trading event in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I'd love to host/help host one this summer if people were interested!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    DeputyDonald likes this.
  2. nateeter

nateeter Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

YES! YES! YES! PLEASE?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0

Sounds like fun. I would try to make it.

nateeter likes this.
  4. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

I'm in Louisiana so I might be able to take a long weekend and enjoy Dallas.

nateeter likes this.
  5. caroline23

caroline23 Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Let's do it! We never get any pin trading way out here! Even if only a few people come, I think it would still be a lot of fun! Is there a certain time this summer that works best for everyone?

6. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0

Since I do not live in Dallas, no date really works well for me. If you set a date and coincidentally I am able to join the fun, then I will be there. Only suggestion I have... planning a few months in advance is also probably a good idea... to get the word out.

nateeter likes this.
  7. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

I agree with planning in advance. I think there are more members who live in the general area who may be able to come if given enough time.

Thanks for taking the lead on this.

8. caroline23

caroline23 Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Thanks for the advice! I definately agree with planning in advance to give others enough time to hear about it and plan accordingly. I'm going to be leaving in August to do an internship with Disney, so I was thinking about possibly having it in late July, if that worked for others. I know it's not a whole lot of advanced notice.

9. Rebel Spy

Rebel Spy New Member

0   0   0

I was actually talking with my brother this last week that we need a pin trading event in the DFW area! I decided to google it and found this thread. Let's do it! If we meet at a park in the evening, we don't have to rent a venue. People can just meet and trade. I agree we should give it a couple of months to advertise. The Disney Stores in the area may not advertise for us, but we can ask. Worst thing they can say is no. We can also advertise on every facebook pin trading page and forum we can find.

10. Rebel Spy

Rebel Spy New Member

0   0   0

We could also ask the Disney stores in the area if they would be open to hosting. If they don't want to host, then we can have it at a park or something.

11. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0

You could host it in the food court, like the Virginia/Maryland group does.

Rebel Spy likes this.
  12. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0

Congrats on the internship. That is wonderful!

Late July could work... even if it is a smaller start, the idea could grow as more contacts are made. Try to identify others from the DFW area who could keep organizing/hosting additional events. I know there are traders in the DFW area, so its just a matter of finding them.

Also, even if the area Disney Stores is not able to officially advertise, if they know about the event, they might verbally share the info (or where to find it.)

DFW trading event seems like the perfect idea. Perhaps if it gets big enough it could attract a pincon/pinopolis event. :) (Dreaming big now!)

Rebel Spy likes this.
  13. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

In the Facebook group Disney Pin Trading, they are setting up a pin event/meet in Plano, TX. I did not look at a map to see the distance between the two cities.

14. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0

Plano is suburb to the north of Dallas... part of the 'metroplex'. I would consider a trading event in Plano to be 'Dallas'... but that is coming from someone from NM.

15. Rebel Spy

Rebel Spy New Member

0   0   0

When and where is the one in Plano? Bit of a drive for me, but I will make the trek if my schedule allows it. Please send me the link/ tell me details! :D

16. Rebel Spy

Rebel Spy New Member

0   0   0

I talked with my local Disney Store. Sadly policy is that they can't host, sponsor, or advertise unnofficial pin trading events. Grapevine's food court is near the Disney Store though. I like the idea to meet in the food court. Its closer to Dallas, but its not far from Fort Worth. Any other thoughts on locations?

17. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

When I see it posted, I'll post details .

18. caroline23

caroline23 Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Meeting at a park or food court sounds great! I posted in a Disney Pin Traders of Texas Facebook page looking for interest, and got a lot of responses. Also, I read on the Facebook page that the pin meet up in Plano is supposed to be during the last weekend of September.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  19. Rebel Spy

Rebel Spy New Member

0   0   0

Glad to hear there is one in September!
    Do you know where in Plano and what time?

Do we all want to still organize our own pin trading gathering at the end of July?

I am cool meeting in a public place like a mall food court to pin trade sometime if the people here want to do a small pin trading gathering before July too.

20. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    510   0   0

Here are the details for the event in Plano, TX

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

K_Lynn13 likes this.
  21. caroline23

caroline23 Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I'm very open to still getting together before the big pin event in September. You can never do too much pin trading!

22. caroline23

caroline23 Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Hey everyone! We've got a pin trading event set for Saturday, July 21st, from 12pm-4pm. It'll be at the Grapevine Mills Mall food court. I hope some of you can make it!

K_Lynn13 and nateeter like this.
  23. Badockins

Badockins Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Is there a website tovregister or find more info about the group hosting it.

I ask because my 4 yr old and 5 (almost 6) yr old just got into pin trading and I'm wondering if this event will be okay for them to attend. I wonder if the othet attendees will be generally okay/patient with the kids.

24. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    510   0   0

Did you see there is an admission price for just coming in though?

KT07 likes this.
  25. Badockins

Badockins Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I saw that. Do we pay ahead of time on a site somewhere or just show up and pay at the door?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.