• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Is this bad form?

Is this bad form?

timeerkat

Your Friend Who Likes To Play
Rating - 100%
351   0   0
If someone has pins for sale and/or auction and I have the same pins that I'd like to sell and/or put up for auction, is it considered bad form to put them up at the same time but at a slightly lower price? Or should I wait until their sale/auction is done?

I don't want it to be perceived that I'm sniping customers away from the original poster...

Last edited:
If you are doing the auction here...I would wait until the auction or sale is complete.

If you are talking about ebay... Businesses have sales all the time to bring in customers that would otherwise frequent other stores.

Actually, it doesn't really matter. We've seen several people put the same pin (for example, the Elsa PTN pin) up for auction and trade. While it doesn't necessarily "snipe" customers, it really depends on your view point. Personally, I think it might undercut each other because the people bidding might try to win each of the auctions and not be able to put the same pins up as their bids, especially if the auctioneers have the same type of wants (which most do - e.g. Tangled, Frozen, Up - the popular movies/themes); but it really is up to you.

As for sales, unless you post in that person's thread and snipe their customers in front of them, I don't think it's bad form to post your own sales thread. There are multiple people who have the same pins, so you can't really "wait" for one person's sale to finish when it may never truly finish (sometimes sales threads go on for months!).

Ok, thanks for the imput!

Mcgilligan - posting on here. :) I wanted to try to do it on here before going to ebay.

Back