• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Is this tarzan pin known to be counterfitted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this tarzan pin known to be counterfitted?

Xanaduhaz

Clinically Pinsane
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
So I purchased this pin- [pinpics]12561[/pinpics] however on mine the eyes on the right facing it is blacked out. I haven't got a picture of it at the moment as it is at home.

Mine is as pictured with 2 clearly defined eyes-

I purchased mine direct from DLR in 02 or early 03 before they got pulled from sale in I think '04 due to 'foot placement concerns'

The back of mine is the small gold 'waffle' with the copyright box with the 2002 backstamp, Tarzan and disney burroughs underneath with side of the box touching the gap between the arms/feet

I know there are fakes of the Adult Terk pin (Still not 100% confident I dont have a fake one) so while I havent heard of fakes of this one.... but if everything else matches I would guess youd have a production goof since it was before the era of scrappers and Ive seen very few of them in existence (Ive collected tarzan since 2001)

-em

pin12561
This pin gave an illusion of something besides a foot,I definetly see why it was pulled off the shelves

well if thats his "foot" HELLO TARZAN! :p
Mine also looks like the photo. Just as -em said. I dont think its scrapped.

Now im going to sleep with mine.! nighty night

It looks much better in person than in picture but yeah..
The only one of the pewter set that looks really good is Tantor- the rest ehh not so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back