• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

japan traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
japan traders

breadnbutterflies

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
i just wanted to give a quick shout out to all our japan traders,i hope you all get through this terrible time,though you probably wont see this post and i dont even know if we have traders from japan on this site....but nevertheless my heart and thoughts go out to you and hope progress is made soon in disaster relief.if anyone else has a thought please feel free to post.

Last edited:
Yeah, we've been discussing this in the anything goes thread...it's so sad. They've got a lot of work ahead of them. :(

Also, why does this have a HKDL tag at the beginning? Just curious...

I have been in touch with some of our traders from Japan, and they are hanging in there, but really need water. They are in shock, and I am too, over what has happened. If any other traders from Japan read this, please know we are watching and hope that you can all get the help you need as soon as possible.

I am actually in the midst of two trades with Japanese traders. I sent them both emails after the tragedies of earthquake & tsunami letting them know that I hoped they were safe. I only heard back from one who said she and all her family were safe and that they have water and electricity. She lives in Tokyo.

I keep in contact with a trader in Japan also. He said he was fine but the shaking was horrible. My prayers are with the people in Japan.

kari

Yeah, we've been discussing this in the anything goes thread...it's so sad. They've got a lot of work ahead of them. :(

Also, why does this have a HKDL tag at the beginning? Just curious...

i put the hkdl tag because hkdl is in japan,but i removed it seeing how that could be confusing.i didnt know another thread was posted,i dont usually go into that thread ,but im glad to hear others are concerned as well.

Hong Kong Disneyland is in China. Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea are in Japan.

oops my bad,still dont have all park locations down....now i feel dumb duh hong kong is like the capital in china.if my co workers saw this theyd smack me...being a librarian we always get geography questions,and sometimes people ask really weird things.i guess im kinda weird then.hahaha...sorry.

oops my bad,still dont have all park locations down....now i feel dumb duh hong kong is like the capital in china.if my co workers saw this theyd smack me...being a librarian we always get geography questions,and sometimes people ask really weird things.i guess im kinda weird then.hahaha...sorry.
weird is good though! :D

tokyodisneydad and everyone in & from Japan: My heart goes out to you and you are all in my thoughts and prayers. Please try to stay safe.

To those of you interested in donating for the Earthquake and Tsunami that occured in Japan, I suggest you look up charities at this website that shows the percentages of what they do with the money they receive - www.charitynavigator.org that was suggested by USA's News Channel CNN.

America's Red Cross - http://www.charitynavigator.org/inde...ary&orgid=3277 They actually only use 7% of money they earn for Administrative & Fundraising Efficiency, so the rest (93%) is used toward their program in helping those in need.

Another good charity is "World Vision" - http://www.charitynavigator.org/inde...ary&orgid=4768

I made a trade with a Japanese trader last week and her trade came in yesterday. I felt like a total tool emailing her to tell her that her trade got here. I mean, trading pins is probably the last thing on her mind, but I didn't want to just not let her know! She was nice and let me know that she was safe and her family too; they're scared but not hurt. But I still felt like an a$$.

I heard back from the other person I'm trading with in Japan. She said it was the most terrifying thing shed ever experienced, but that she & her family are all safe.

My sister lives in Christchurch New Zealand, right where they had the earthquake a couple of weeks ago, and she described how horrible it was. I can't even imagine the tsunami just minutes after that. It actually hit there in NZ as well. Needless to say, my sister has had enough of NZ and is either moving to Australia or home to the USA.

When I heard that the death toll is expected to be well over 10,000 people I was just floored. Maybe those of us on the boards could do some sort of charity fundraiser or something? I'd gladly put up a few of my pins for sale and donate the profits.

BTW, Beijing is the capital of China.

When I heard that the death toll is expected to be well over 10,000 people I was just floored. Maybe those of us on the boards could do some sort of charity fundraiser or something? I'd gladly put up a few of my pins for sale and donate the profits.

BTW, Beijing is the capital of China.

thanks for more geo info obviously not my strongest area of expertise,but i like your idea about a fundraiser racheltherabidrabbit listed charities you can donate to im going to probably go with one of those they look promising in their efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back