• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Jessica as Captain Hook -- what's the verdict? more pics post #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica as Captain Hook -- what's the verdict? more pics post #9

movingthestars

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
So I bought the Jessica as Hook LE 300 pin on that auction site, before I did so I e-mailed the seller and straight up asked them if it was a fake in as I was aware there are counterfeit versions of this pin, the seller answered and told me that it was in the original packaging, never opened from Disney and I had nothing to worry about.Then I spoke with someone on here who had been taken in by the same seller for the same pin... they received one not on the card, and the feather in her hat was white not purple.I got the pin today, and it is in a sealed package as stated. I haven't opened the package but I checked and her feather is light purple as it is supposed to be.Can someone who has bought any of these pins directly from Disney let me know if the packaging looks legit before I open it? Then I will continue this post and take some more photos to be sure what I have is right. Thanks!
jessica2.jpg
jessica1.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think it's real as the labels usually have 3 Disney characters and not the words "Walt Disney" like yours does

I have the pin and I purchased it directly from ds.com myself. The label is very similar to yours and it does have the same "Walt Disney" printed on it. Only, most of my pins come in a thin, white cellulose envelope and then a zip-loc type baggy although might have few that came directly in bubble wrap.

I would like to know the seller's id when you get a chance.

I bought my Jessica as Captain Hook directly from DS.com:

JessicaHookPackage.jpg
JessicaHookPin.jpg

She came in a bubble wrap pouch, which was inside a non-ziplock-style packaging (you had to cut the top off to get the pin out).

Her feather is definitely light purple and her stockings are light blue...the only white is on her neck and wrist ruffles.

Unfortunately...your label does not look like mine, so I am inclined to say yours is a fake. :(

Okay here are some pictures of the opened pin...

jes01.jpg
jes02.jpg

jes03.jpg
jes04.jpg

Her feather is actually purple and not white by the way, it looks bright in the pictures.

My pin looks the same as the one posted above...

Last edited:
Look at the eyes:

In PrincessBecky's pin the pupil of the eye looks blue/green, in your pictures it seems white to me unless it is a glare from the camera.

Also see the area between the arm (with the hook) and her body. Hers has a void(cut out portion), yours has a golden recessed part -which IMO is a tell tale sign.

PLMK about the seller's id so I can avoid.

Last edited:
PrincessBecky, is the arm part open on your pin? I have no problem leaving negative feedback (never sell anything on ebay) and opening a case but just want to be sure first.

Merryweather I'm out for the weekend and on my phone but I will PM you as soon as I get back. Pretty scary stuff.

That is scary stuff in my opinion. I think yours is a fake unfortunately.

I bought my Jessica as Captain Hook directly from DS.com:

JessicaHookPackage.jpg
JessicaHookPin.jpg

She came in a bubble wrap pouch, which was inside a non-ziplock-style packaging (you had to cut the top off to get the pin out).

Her feather is definitely light purple and her stockings are light blue...the only white is on her neck and wrist ruffles.

Unfortunately...your label does not look like mine, so I am inclined to say yours is a fake. :(

Morning, I do not have my jessica as captain hook with me but I do have the blue fairy and the Tink as Minnie released in this series and they both are in the bubble wrap but as PrincessBecky said it shows 3 characters instead of WDW. Hope this helps.

OK...so I just looked at the arm portion, and it is actually NOT cut out...although from the pictures mine looks more recessed than yours (it is hard to tell...sorry for the bad cell phone pics).

JessicaCaptainHookFull.jpg

But from the back, you can clearly tell there is only one cut-out.

JessicaCaptainHookBack.jpg

For those that can't tell from the pictures:

-Her eye is: white on left side, green on right side
-Her lids are the same purple as the feather
-Her hat and pants are the same maroon/ dark purple color
-Her jacket is all red, except for yellow strips running down the front, and a brown sash
-Her shoes are black, with the shoe on the left showing a yellow buckle
-Her sword is all yellow
-Light blue stockings, white neck and wrist ruffles, gray hook

I compared every detail from your pictures with every detail from mine...and I must say that your pin looks pretty much exactly like mine...which is scary.

The dead giveaway for me is the packaging...without that it looks like one could easily mistake the fake pin for an authentic one.

That's pretty depressing. :(

http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=75520&sid=5483.1329495155.v2

Hi,

I bought this pin for about the cost plus tax and shipping. I didn't think it was so popular so wasn't too worried about fakes. It came in wrapping with a "Walt Disney" label "Jumbo Film Frame The Rescuers Penny Pin"

I also noticed the packaging is inconsistent for my collection depending on the source. With just the 110th legacy pins. (all bought from disney store) there is enough inconsistent packaging to confuse me. Some with one or more of the following and others without any of the marks or labels.

1) 3 characters
2) labeled "Disney"
3) code number

Now I am confused what is real and what is fake :(

Last edited:
Just adding my two cents to the bucket.

Look at the SKU codes on each label. Both labels have the same general ID SKU as listed on pinpics - 503625. However (and its a big stinking however) look at the SKU scan codes underneath each physical barcode on the labels. The one we know to be legit has the following corresponding scan code - 00000024430275 910202202. BUT the numbers on the questioned pin are DIFFERENT from those of the real pin, and are as follows: 00000024430170 910220609. I would think of it this way; a company might maybe have two different sets of packaging for an item (and this is being very, very generous considering there were only 300 of them made) but there is absolutely no way a company would generate two completely different SKUs for the exact same item sold in only one location (disneyshopping.com). It would be a logistical nightmare; I know there is a term for this, my businessy wife would know what it is.

And this scares the living crap out of me. Someone actually went to the trouble of printing out fake labels (unless someone can offer a different explanation in the discrepancies) and packaged it up like a real pin. Someone please PM me the ID of this seller in case I don't already have it.

Last edited:
:eek2: jesus! this is getting crazy :( ...All my jessicas have come in the 3 character style packaging too :/ But I did see the Walt Disney Style sticker on the packaging of another pin that came directly from Disney so
iDK :cry:

I wanted to add some more info to this discussion...

First, for those that don't know, here are the Costume Jessica releases by year:

2007:

2008:
pin66023th72

2009:

2010:

I looked at all of the packaging I have for these pins, and found the following differences:

The 2007 pins come in ziplock-style baggies, with a thin foam pouch protecting the backer card inside. Also notice that there are no character images nor the words "Walt Disney". There is a small item number sticker on the bottom right corner of these pins, although two of my packages are missing these stickers, as they easily fall off.

Jessica2007Bags.jpg

The 2008 pins come in non-ziplock-style packaging that you must cut to get the pin out, and a bubble pouch protecting the backer card inside. Both of my bags have the Mad Hatter, Pinocchio, and Thunderbolt on them...so that could be common for all of the 2008 Jessica pins. There is also a small item number sticker on the bottom right corner.

Jessica2008Bags.jpg

The 2009 pins have the same packaging as the 2008 pins, except all of mine have Minnie Mouse, Cruella De Vil, and Jiminy Cricket on them. Also, the small item number stickers that used to be on the front right corner of the packaging are now on the opposite side of the packaging in the bottom right corner.

Jessica2009Bags.jpg

The 2010 pins have the same packaging as the 2008 pins, with the item number sticker back on the front right corner. All of mine have Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and Donald Duck on them.

Jessica2010Bags.jpg

Hope this helps someone! And I just wanted to drive the point home that NONE of the Jessica costumed jumbos come with packaging that has the words "Walt Disney" on them. :)

Also just noticed...

On the fake Captain Hook Jessica packaging, the item number sticker is on the same side as the large sticker.

The authentic 2008 pins have the item number sticker on the opposite side of the large sticker.

Some people really went to the trouble of printed false label ( unless someone can provide different interpretation of the differences ) and packaging it like a real pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back