• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Just Won My First eBay pin... worried it is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just Won My First eBay pin... worried it is not real!

ddbowdoin

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a little nervous!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think there is any need to worry. There is no scrapper warning for this pin on Pinpics and pins with special elements like pin-on-pin aren't typically affected. You should be good. :)

Thanks... paid 8 dollars with shipping. I am still learning the concept of pricing with these guys. No idea what the value of anything is yet.

Word of advice from someone who made this mistake....when just starting out try not to browse eBay looking for stuff to buy or what's available because you can get carried away quick! Instead, browse Pinpics looking for pins you really like. Look up some of you favorite characters and see what exists. Then, once you know what you want, start investigating what it might be worth and how you might get it. Sometimes you will find that what you want is very expensive and impossible which is a bummer, but other times you'll find that you can get exactly what you want for cheap! :)

I bought 40 pins on ebay... 2 lots of 20...from difrent ppl.....( my fam has about 50 we paid full price at dlr...on 2 trips... I cant aford to do that each time...but wont suport the fake stuff... Any guess on what kind of number could be real??? I now know better. i will be trashing every one that is fake....even if its all 40... Im going to hope i get atleast 5 real pins....

you can hand pick traders on Ebay at under $2 each this way... Go to sellers that offer their pins starting at .99 with combined shipping. Most offer shipping about $2.50 a pin with each additional pin shipping at .50. Of course the first pin you get will cost you more but in the long run you can get a lot of pins or .99 with .50 shipping. I have seen it happen over and over again and know buyers that buy their traders that way. You can also buy small lots where the pins are listed. I would not buy any group of traders that are not individually listed or shown off of Ebay. The mass trader sellers are going to sell you crap more than likely..Your other option for trading pins is to go to this site and see if anyone is selling traders. You can pic them up for $1.50 to $2.25 on here if you catch it right and trust that they are good pins due to the feedback opportunity. Those are your best opportunities on the internet for pins I think.

As far as individual pins go. I feel for the most part they are good pins. Look to see if there are an abundance of them on line or if one seller has a large group of them. Those situations I would stay away from. JMO

Thank you for the info...I will still always buy sum at the park each trip..but its nice to give the boys sum that they can do what ever they want with.... I will keep a eye out for traders around here..... oh and will up date the fake number.....i have 40 pins on the way..... i hope to have at least 5 real pins in the lot.. my 1st and last ebay lot deal.....lol

I did buy some of the $0.99 each pins from one of those eBay sellers a few years back. They were all scrappers, so even $1 pins are not guaranteed to be real on eBay...

thanks....im not sure what to do.... i want my fam to have fun but cant go broke doing it... i alread got 3 AP and that was a lot to just hand over to DLR. now each time i go...they tell me new things i can spend all my doe on... kids love it....wallet is not so sure :)

Last edited:
ok...pins are here.. I will now try to see what is real if any.. cross my fingers. still hope to get 5 real atleast.

ok...pins are here.. I will now try to see what is real if any.. cross my fingers. still hope to get 5 real atleast.

Awww, it sucks that you even have to "hope" that you get real pins. You should really check out the sale forum!!! There are some really good prices on there and sometimes posters sell lots of pins for about two bucks a piece. http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?4006-5-4-4-Pin-Sale!-NEW-PINS-AND-SETS-ADDED-)
Breargirl always has really good sales, as do a few others. You could buy one of the cars sets (4 pins) and would be paying $2.50 per pin for legit traders to use. No worrying about whether the pins are real or not, and you're wallet will thank you!

thank you mybabykelly
It was my 1st and last time getting a lot from ebay. My fam is very new to this. I will for sure be looking to get sum good trading pins. thanks agian for the heads up
KT

Word of advice from someone who made this mistake....when just starting out try not to browse eBay looking for stuff to buy or what's available because you can get carried away quick! Instead, browse Pinpics looking for pins you really like. Look up some of you favorite characters and see what exists. Then, once you know what you want, start investigating what it might be worth and how you might get it. Sometimes you will find that what you want is very expensive and impossible which is a bummer, but other times you'll find that you can get exactly what you want for cheap! :)

Very sound advice. Ebay is not always the proverbial "man-eating-lion". You just need to know your pins and what you're looking for. :)

Still have not got the pins in my hot little hands. They were shipped to a friends house so its taken extra time. Im thinking it may be best to just bring them down on sat. to the pot luck and get help from sum of you pros. I bet it will be faster and easer to get all the fake ones tossed out. im stilll trying to hang on to sum hope that i may get 5 real pins out ofthe lots. we will see.

I agree with everyone be careful of the*bay I have gotten some that were fakes as well, have even gotten some from a seller at an antique mall, bought 30 of them only to discover that 8 of them were fakes took them back told we did not purchase them there. well had receipts and pins with pinpics info attached, wanted call back from seller never got one, but the did let me pick 8 in return for the ones that I took back, but will not go and get any more from that seller.

Have even contacted a seller on *bay and was told by that person if not sure about legit pins to not purchase there, no kidding, well when I went back to purchase from same seller,thought he was legit, I was blocked from purchasing from him. Yes I did ask if they were purchased in China or traded for, will be up front with people. so he must not be legit.

We always go to the Disney stores at the outlet malls around Orlando and buy our pins there. We get them usually for around $1. It's a great way to get authentic pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back