Keyhole Series Fakes? (Alice & Tinker Bell)

Discussion in 'Pin Comparison' started by ladyroselie, Jun 15, 2018.

1. ladyroselie

ladyroselie Water Talent Fairy

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

In another thread @Jabberwocky kindly pointed out that pins from the key hole series had been scrapped a few years ago, even though it isn't listed on Pin Pics.

I have Pin 49366 and Pin 49364, and I am wondering if anyone who has authentic ones can share pictures or information.

I noticed that the Alice pin has multiple versions where a tiny part of her jumper is either white, blue, or black. Mine is black.

Here are some pictures from eBay as an example:

[​IMG]

Here is my Alice pin:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

My Tinker Bell pin has a very noticeable dip in the enamel on her leg that I can feel. You can kind of see it in photos. I couldn't find any good comparison photos of Tinker Bell. I did notice that the nubs on the back of her pin are in a different place then Alice's.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

If you have any thoughts or photos please share and thank you for looking!

2. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Cheshirefied DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    91   0   0

I wish I could remember any specifics about the fakes, but I just remember the fakes of these flooding ebay a while ago, sorry! :(

ladyroselie likes this.
  3. ladyroselie

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

No worries, I appreciate you letting me know that this series even had fakes. I never would have known otherwise!

Jabberwocky likes this.
  4. maiarebecca

maiarebecca Active Member

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

Bumping this thread because I have a Cinderella from this series that I am wondering about. Does anyone have the authentic ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ladyroselie likes this.
  5. pinnochiolover

pinnochiolover DPF Member

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Yes, definitely remember this, there was a UK Ebay seller, selling multiples of these too. Its a lovely pin, but at the time I just decided to stay clear of it and never checked out what the differences were. Hope someone can help you with this.

ladyroselie likes this.
  6. ladyroselie

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Thanks! It is definitely tough for a newer pin collector to find out that there is all this community knowledge that is not on a pin database. Though I am grateful for this forum where everyone is happy to share their knowledge!

In case anyone has this series, still looking for info on Alice, Tink, and Cinderella! :D

7. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

It's tough for an older collector too. There was some discussion about this series, when the forum was still young which is like 7 years ago now. I knew enough to "avoid this series," but the turnover in the pin trading community can be high, so I'm not sure the people who brought it to our attention are still here to see this post.

I did find this old thread, which has a picture of the authentic Stitch in the series: DS.com Keyhole Pins

8. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    509   0   0

@snazzybowtie put pictures of the Alice ones in that thread (they were attachments)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It looks like those were the pix from the seller that had them though....

9. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

Yeah, I didn't think those were confirmed authentic, just the potentially bad ones.

starry_solo likes this.
  10. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    509   0   0

Yup, I noticed at the end of the post, lol

11. ladyroselie

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

12. ladyroselie

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

I think given the cut off corner of the box on the back of mine I am going to assume they are scrappers or fakes. Now I just need to find one of those fantastically artsy people who turn scrappers into cool things to send them to.