• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Like/dislike

Like/dislike

kyuubee

verrater an gott
Rating - 91.7%
10   1   1
Okay another suggestion I have for the site,unsure if it's possible with this forum layout or not,but what if we could have a like/thank/dislike button alongside the quote button on posts.
This way people can thank/like other peoples posts and such

it'd show like this

----------------
Post here

--------------
The following users say thank you for this post (or "the following users like this post)
Kyuubee,Cicada,

The Following users dislike this post
username1
-------------------
signature goes here

Thoughts?

Before you ask that? Do you use the "rate this thread" on the top bar? Before somone has the option to dislike/like somones opinion - it's an opinion or a reply. This Forum is for members to chat and ask and post an opinion. Think of that new member who after 8 months finally wants to post. Say you don't like it taut member may feel like "I don't ask right" and doesn't get involved again and stays on the sidelines.

Dislike!

Before you ask that? Do you use the "rate this thread" on the top bar? Before somone has the option to dislike/like somones opinion - it's an opinion or a reply. This Forum is for members to chat and ask and post an opinion. Think of that new member who after 8 months finally wants to post. Say you don't like it taut member may feel like "I don't ask right" and doesn't get involved again and stays on the sidelines.

Dislike!
Mhm I do use the rate thread,but that only applies to the thread itself and not just each individual post.
Plus I feel if someone who never posts and decides to post,they most likely wouldn't get disliked unless they said something bad/offensive (or even not have a dislike option,just the like/thank) since we don't seem to have trolls here who would just go around disliking posts by newbies and such

Hey you used my suggested feature by disliking :D

@Halloweenfiend-rate this thread doesn't apply to individual posts though,and sometimes people post things that we can thank/like (links to sneak peaks,finding their holy grail etc etc)

Last edited:
not sure a "dislike" feature would be too useful, but i do know that other forums might have a "thank you" option for individual posts .. that may be helpful in the future for promoting certain posts/threads and for awarding merit-based awards (medals). We'll look into it. Thanks!

not sure a "dislike" feature would be too useful, but i do know that other forums might have a "thank you" option for individual posts .. that may be helpdul in the future for promoting certain posts/threads and for awarding merit-based awards (medals). We'll look into it. Thanks!
The forum needs one of those thread logos to show the threads on fire haha,but yeah I think that having the thank option would be good :)
One forum I know had the number of liked posts and clickable link to said posts,also had a rather mean dislike button which ended up being used for laughs because of what they named it (no way I can say it here lol)
I like the idea of having a forum medals for having many thanked posts

I also don't like the idea of a feature showing a "like" or "dislike" option for each post. I think the site is fine just the way it's set up now.

I like the idea of being able to Thank a member for posting useful information & the number of "Thanks received" apearing under their avatar or "about me" page

I also don't like the idea of a feature showing a "like" or "dislike" option for each post. I think the site is fine just the way it's set up now.

I agree. If I want to thank someone or make a comment I just do. :) Works for me anyway!

Vicki

Back