• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Limited edition Cruella doll misprint/mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited edition Cruella doll misprint/mistake

Esmeraldo

Finest boy in France
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few days ago I ordered my first ever limited edition doll, the new Cruella de Vil with Pongo, Perdita and the puppies set! I was super excited for her to get here, but wouldn't you know...this is what I got:

cffca6df92c7a645d71e551f2949880a.jpg

Yep, an upside down name plate...don't know how they possibly let this slip by but yeah, I was disappointed. Luckily a Disney Store within driving distance of me had more of the sets so I was able to get a new one, but I still have this mistake/misprint.

Should I return it? Sell it? Is there a market for these kind of mistake dolls, are there people who collect these kind of factory errors? Any answers would be appreciated.

a2754e106b4ad9b0bcbfaa06290d4d3d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few days ago I ordered my first ever limited edition doll, the new Cruella de Vil with Pongo, Perdita and the puppies set! I was super excited for her to get here, but wouldn't you know...this is what I got:

cffca6df92c7a645d71e551f2949880a.jpg

Yep, an upside down name plate...don't know how they possibly let this slip by but yeah, I was disappointed. Luckily a Disney Store within driving distance of me had more of the sets so I was able to get a new one, but I still have this mistake/misprint.

Should I return it? Sell it? Is there a market for these kind of mistake dolls, are there people who collect these kind of factory errors? Any answers would be appreciated.

a2754e106b4ad9b0bcbfaa06290d4d3d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a shame about the upside down nameplate :/ At least you were able to find one in a nearby store! I think you can call Disney store customer service and they should be able to help you. Maybe they'll give you a refund as it is their fault?

I'm surprised they didn't let you just make an exchange instead of buying a new one. I'd definitely try to return it.

I tried to make an in-store exchange before when DS sent me the Evil Queen instead of Snow's Prince, but the cast member was insistent that the computer system simply didn't allow for returns of LE merch at all. I've heard of others that pulled it off, and this might better qualify as 'damaged' which could change things, but I really think it's just luck of the cast member draw :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back