• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLP Lineberty at DLP — a Trip Report!

DLP Lineberty at DLP — a Trip Report!

hopemax

DPF Super Moderator
Staff member
DPF Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
202   0   0
Some of you know that I recently visited Disneyland Paris. We were there over a Saturday pin release, and I struggled to find information of how the process worked to have the best chance at securing their LE pins. So I thought I would write about our experiences so the next person visiting DLP for a LE pin release might have a better understanding of what to expect.

Disneyland Paris uses a service called Lineberty to allocate spots for their LE pin releases. Each spot allows you to purchase 2 LE pins of each style. Once upon a time they had an app, and it still exists in the app store, however you need to use the *website* to secure your spot at http:www.lineberty.net Note: that’s a .net ending for the website, not .com so make sure you go to the right place.

Once you get there, you will find a not very helpful place. There is a place to fill in your profile, but you can’t sign up for an account. And if you go away and come back, the profile information is empty again. You will need this filled out when you attempt to claim your ticket, but let’s skip it for now. If you click on the Search (magnifying glass icon) you will get a list of locations that use the Lineberty service. If you are in France, it will be ordered by proximity (assuming your location is turned on), although DLP might not be the top of the list. If you are outside of France, there is another magnifying glass Search icon on the upper right. Search for Disneyland Paris, and you will get one result. Click on that, and it will give you options for Walt Disney Studios Park or Disneyland Park. Pins are usually released at Pueblo Trading Post, so you will want to select Disneyland Park. For my release, it was actually done at World of Disney but the ticket claim still was under the Disneyland Park section.

Now, you’ll see two options “Pin Trading” and “Last Chance Pin Trading.” You can click on the info and it will tell you what time the next opportunity for each is available. In general, for Saturday releases the tickets will open at 18:00 or 6PM Paris time on Thursday, and Last Chance will open at the same time on Friday. Many DLP pins are only LE 600 or 700, and with a 2 per person limit that means there are only 300 – 350 tickets available, and they disappeared in seconds.

Note: in the info it says do not use private browsing. Cookies are very important here because you can’t save any info directly. Your browser needs to remember it for when you go to use your ticket. Screenshots or printouts are NOT accepted, and when I explain the pick-up process you’ll understand why. This leads me to devices. You will need to show your ticket to the CMs, so your device has to be portable, and connected to the internet. We used 3 iPhones and DH’s iPad to try. I mean you could bring your laptop and connect to wi-fi, but then you’re lugging your laptop around all day.

So it’s approaching claim time. Now, you’re going to want to pre-fill in your information on the profile page. This info will be attached to your ticket at pick-up and the CM will be able to view it from their iPad. Then use the search or surf back to the page where you can see the “Pin Trading” and “Last Chance Pin Trading” options. Notice, the greyed out little button on the right that says “Book a Ticket,” when the tickets go live, this will turn blue, and pound it furiously.

One of two things will happen, the little icon will spin and spin and spin and nothing happens until it times out and tells you all the spots are filled. Or you will get a confirmation page with a number and a time for pick-up. Yay! Like I said, we had 4 devices only DH’s iPad was successful. As you can see our number was 316, and appointment time of 9:50 AM Saturday morning.

So now what? We left that tab open on the iPad the next two days, although DH did open an additional tab went to the website and when he clicked on “My Tickets” it did remember. But we were nervous about it disappearing. And there were still no instructions on what to do now that we had this ticket.

Saturday came, and on the walk from our hotel to the park that takes you by the World of Disney, there was a queue set up outside the door closest to the Walt Disney Studios so that was our only clue about where to go when the time came. We got there about 9:30 because we didn’t know what to expect. There was no Disney wi-fi at this spot, so we used our phone as a hotspot for the iPad. I assume that for releases at Pueblo, you can just connect to the park wi-fi, but if it’s spotty, you can fallback on the hotspot. There were a bunch of people milling around, and some in what appeared to be a line. We assumed that those were the people lined up for either the Last Chance pickup which I believe starts at 14:00 or 2PM, or for the leftovers after all the tickets had been claimed. Finally, I noticed a little sign with a Pin Trading Logo that said “Sortie” so that meant that I should look for the little sign indicating an entrance, after finding that we entered the queue.

At the door was one CM who looked at our device. I’m not sure if he did something or if the time triggered it, or our location was now close enough, but our blue background ticket turned green, ah… this is why no screenshots… and we were directed into the inside queue. There were a couple people in front of us, waiting to be checked in with a CM with an iPad. When we got to the front, the CM brought up DH’s information on her device and clicked we were there. At this point the green ticket went back to being blue. She also had a small piece of paper with the pin trading logo on it, that she handed one to a runner CM who then led us to an open cash register. I assume each paper ticket indicated that we were allowed to buy 2 pins, and if we both had been successful the CM would have brought over 2 tickets.

Once at the cashier, we indicated which pins we wanted including the new open edition pins, were rung up like usual and then we went on our merry way! I’m still not entirely sure about what happened. We were done before 9:50, so was that a “you must be here by this time” message, who knows. The people around us had numbers either a lot ahead of us or behind us. Maybe, when selling starts and there is a line order matters, and there was no line by the time we got there, so it didn’t matter? I don’t know. I hope this report helps if you are ever at DLP. The key steps are

1. Familiarize yourself with the website
2. Fill out the profile in the minutes before its time to claim
3. Get yourself on the page with the Pin Trading option
4. Hope and pray while frantically pushing the blue button on your portable and wifi connectable device.
5. If successful, hope and pray you don’t loose your cookies and the ticket
6. Head to the pickup a little ahead of your time to make sure you are where you’re supposed to be
7. Get checked in
8. Buy pins
9. Profit!

So what did we get? The image below has a few additional pins that we purchased later at Pueblo Trading Post, and my trade for Thumper, but the LE pins are the Dumbo Kite, Alice in Teacup and Stitch & Angel with Ducklings. As for trading, the weather was really rainy both times we were at Pueblo so I never got to see the special pin board. I only saw about 5 people with lanyards, and made 3 trades. One CM in Pueblo on Saturday, a custodial CM on Thursday night and there were 3 CMs in the store at the very front of Walt Disney Studios, but only 1 had good stuff on it. But I bought a ton!

Thank you for the detailed tutorial! It will probably be years before I can get back to DLP, but it was fun just to read your account of what happened. And useful for anyone who can make it there in the near future!

Thank you so much for this description and the information. Also enjoyed the story in general.

Its pinging my need to travel.
Time for a lark trip to Paris for pins? :D

I mean you could bring your laptop and connect to wi-fi, but then you’re lugging your laptop around all day.

Nope, laptop are forbidden. I already tried it and it worked but I've been told that it's not allowed and next time, they won't accept it.

I have some other advices:

- charge the Lineberty page with DLP lines
5 to 10 minutes before opening. For limited key releases, a lot of people connect at the same time and it can take time to load the page and stay blank for seconds (when queue open 1 second is an eternity)

- don't spam refresh, it won't help at all. The site already do that.

- the DLP line have a captcha phase. It can load fast depending on your device but if you use multiple on the same connection, some of your device may have to "click to prove your human". Someone has been caught using bots and that's why DLP use the Web version only. Being greedy doesn't help now.

- regular tickets have an appointment time on it but they don't mind if you come earlier or later. As long as you come before de last chance time, it's good. But the only way to know this time limit is to get a last chance ticket or have a contact that have one.

- number on regular ticket is not a big deal, but it's important for last chance tickets. Every last chance tickets have the same time on it, and are sorted by numbers.

Envoyé de mon 2107113SG en utilisant Tapatalk

Does anyone know where do the leftover LE pins go for any releases that do not sell out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mostly at The pueblo Trading post OR Thunder Mesa Mercantile (you can find one counter inside the shop with available pins in a frame) for the pins announced on posters.

Leftover LE from Pintrading Events (big events with paid entry tickets) are exclusively sold at the Events and reappears only during other events: on trading board or giveaway

Pin Trading Time LE always sell out

Envoyé de mon 2107113SG en utilisant Tapatalk

Back