List of Scrappers that Have Shown Up on Various Sites

Discussion in 'Pin Comparison' started by starry_solo, Oct 21, 2018.

1. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    509   0   0

I thought we could have a list of scrappers that have shown up on various sites (auction and non-auction). We usually have people talking about new scrappers in Disney Pin Discussion, but I thought that we might be able to get a list together here.

2. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    509   0   0

The 2014 DS UK / Europe Sleeping Beauty pins showed up on the notorious auction site sold by a well-known scrapper/counterfeit dealer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What's sad is that it's the entire set!

3. cadien

cadien Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

The PTN Maid Marion is heavily scrapped. I’m even afraid to try to trade for it at this point.

4. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

After helping one of our newer members evaluate some Ebay auctions...our least favorite "cold" seller + one other known Hong Kong located account

2017 WDI D23 Majestic Steeds

Kerri780 and starry_solo like this.
  5. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    509   0   0

Sad sad news about those majestic steeds.

Here are pictures BTW

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I have a few of these pins that I got at the Disney King Pins event last April (?) so, hopefully they will let me trade those away at their next event.

6. ladyroselie

ladyroselie Water Talent Fairy

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

The DLRP book fairies appear to have been scrapped. Not sure if that is old new though. I'll get them all someday :/

7. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

How can you tell a scrapped steed from a legit one?

8. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Some fakes of the following have started to show up on eBay, but no one has brought them up on Facebook or PinPics:

WDI Alice in Wonderland Heart Set (2016)
    WDI Princess Hinged Crest Series (2017)

Also, someone brought up that the Pete from the WDI Villains profile series has fakes showing up. I saw one person had it in his book already.

Starting to feel wary that this could mean more profiles are in the process of getting faked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    509   0   0

Wait, the hinged crests too?! Ugh, I will keep an eye out on those and post scrapper warnings on PTDB.

Kerri780 likes this.
  10. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

I don't know if it's all of them, but Snow White and Tiana are being sold by the same least favorite sellers.

Also, the 2017 WDI Pirates of the Caribbean "Pieces of Eight" Mystery set.

Kerri780 likes this.
  11. cadien

cadien Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

I've noticed pretty much anything with those thick detailed metal borders has been scrapped. I'd think those would be harder to do, but maybe it's moot if you have the mold.

12. Kerri780

Kerri780 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Sigh, sooo beautiful :(

13. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Does anyone know how to tell? Except that they're listed for $14.95.

Kerri780 likes this.
  14. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

I'd be careful with any pin without WDI packaging. But until someone figures out they have a bad pin and posts differences... I'm curious to know the details of the FAC or similar number. Is it molded or etched, and if it's missing from the unauthorized?

15. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Well I don't buy a lot of pins on eBay, but I'd like to know in case a trader has them in their book. I remember with the Gold Frame cats, people said they looked notably cheaper in person. The frames weren't as nice, the images had a different coating than the official ones...
    My friend has been trying to collect this set, so now I'm worried about making trades for them

16. Kerri780

Kerri780 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The ones Hopemax helped me look at the colours were noticeable off when compared to pinpics, e.g. Angus had a horrible dirty yellow nose and the eyes around Sitron did not have the slightly different shade circle around the eye, Khans nose was also off.

17. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

So the photos above are of the counterfeits? @starry_solo.

18. Kerri780

Kerri780 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

No the ones on ebay that are listed (the fakes) are noticeable off coloured compared to the legit ones.
    Somebody asked for a way to tell other than the cheaper price and that was what got me suspicious when looking. I was like huh, Angus doesn't have a nose that colour let me check pinpics and after that I was pretty sure but Hopemax kindly gave me clarification and done some digging :)

19. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

So I found an Ebay auction with backs. Looks like the FAC is molded on the Majestic Steeds, so that's not going to help us.

Also, in 2016-2017 I was doing a pretty good job of saving lists of Ebay auctions by our least favorite sellers, but I slacked off in 2018. It's end of October, and it's the first time I went through them. Now I'm all depressed again.

Anyway, with so many pins...some of these sellers have over 20K auctions in the last 3 months, I don't know how we want to narrow down what to post or not post. Just searching two sellers and LE- gets over 3500 auctions for each of them. While pulling sales today I noticed

WDAC Animation Shorts Mystery Set - The LE chasers.

WDI 2016 Alice Hearts
    WDI Sorcerer Hats - Yensid, Bulda and Grand Pabbie
    WDI 2014 Princess Plaques
    WDI Mr Toad Cars - Moley, Ratty, Winkie, Cyril, Angus McBadger

Fantasia Park Pack - Framed Versions
    Little Mermaid Park Pack - Framed Versions

Tokyo Pins - we tend not to talk about these, but many styles of the TDS Game Prize pins from the last couple years are being repeatedly sold. Also the Villains Framed Series and Princess Silhouettes

Kerri780 likes this.
  20. katelouise

katelouise lunapins on Instagram!

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

This is a way I was told to check with the Steed pins:
    My Maximus (which I bought in person at D23) is very lightly shaded so it might be difficult to tell in some pics

[​IMG]

Kerri780, krand1276 and pretty Omi like this.