• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Logging out

Logging out

teapot

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having problems with this site. Everytime I log on and I start browsing I am logged out of the site. It has taken me 10 minutes to get this far.

Never had a problem on any other site.

sometimes i get this as well. Are you using firefox?

in either case, if you log in, just simply click into one of the forums, and it will show you as logged in. it's a known issue with the 4.0.7 software, and we'll be scheduling some downtime in the coming days to upgrade the forum to the newest version.

thanks for the tip! and as always, Happy posting!

I use Safari primarily but also experienced this on Internet explorer

I also am getting something like this happen. I have almost the same problem, except it happens to me under two different circumstances (and it doesn't happen to me every time):

1. Sometimes I just get logged out for no particular reason ... and even when I go into one of the forums and try to post, I'm still logged out even though it looks like I still am logged in
2. Sometimes I'll get logged out when I'm in the middle of typing a response; when I finish typing and try to post it, I'll get a message telling me I cannot post and to refresh my screen, log in again, and try my post again

I am using the latest version of Internet Explorer and I have not experienced this problem on any other forum.

The only time I ever had that problem is ocassionally when I close my browser. But most of the time, I can leave the site, close my browser and come back and still be signed in.

are you checking "remember me" when you login? it'll set a cookie in your browser that's persistent until you explicitly log out.

however, as I'd mentioned, it may be ap roblem with the forum software -- we're looking at a good time to schedule about an hour (or less) of downtime to upgrade the forum that should fix quite a few bugs.

On Firefox, keep clicking remember me, but also keep getting logged out every time I leave the site it seems.

UPDATE: Tonight it won't log me in at all on the main page - I've logged in five times and it still shows me as logged out. But when I come here it shows me as logged in.
this has been happening with me as well, but as soon as you click into a forum, it shows as logged in -- i thought that the software upgrade we did on Sunday night would sort that out, but i guess not -- and it seems to be only happening in firefox, as far as i've seen. It happens to me on other forums running the same software as we are, too. it may be an FF-only problem :dunno:

Back