• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Made a newbie mistake :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made a newbie mistake :(

MommaIvy

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If it’s too good to be true it is!!!! In my attempt to start collecting LE pins I ordered what I thought was a lovely pin off EBay. I assumed since it came with the backer card it was legit.

A later inspection of the photo of what I purchased shows the pin has black edges, where the image on PinPics is gold.

I kinda feel like an idiot but at least I can return it. I’ll just be out the shipping charge.

5858abbdcd73c52aa6f2d006b4abef00.png
be4f06fa811e7d91c7baa8d9ad551b91.png

*sad trombone plays*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This pin, sadly, is one that has been counterfeited.

But FYI, gold often shows up as black in photographs. So that in itself, is not usually cause for concern. If you see a pin that looks black when it should be gold, often a question to the seller or trader will confirm that the pin is actually the correct color.

A quick look on the evil bay will show you people selling fake pins with and without cards. But not to worry. They also sell the cards so you can put any pin you like on a limited card. Kind of sad. But that's what money will do to some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back