• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Making the Forum Private?

Making the Forum Private?

tyleet87

Curiouser & Curiouser...
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
220   0   0
I know we've had a discussion about his before but I can't remember where to find it. I would like to petition that this forum not be available to the public/anyone who is not logged in. I would like to explain further but I don't feel comfortable for fear of getting in deeper trouble.

I believe before the petition was for the upcoming releases for DS.com thread but I think that idea was shot down and I can't remember why. I see more disadvantages than advantages to leaving this open to the public. Maybe there is something I'm not understanding?

If you arent logged in, you can only view like 3 posts. If it's completely private, how will new people find it? My wife stumbled upon it when Googling for info on DSF releases and was able to see enough to let her know she should join.

i dont get why you get in trouble for discussing this? is the Russia circa 1980? i was turned onto this by our Judy...so i know nothing about what "outsiders"can see and why that would be of concern? i'd like to hear more

The forum already locks you out after you view a few threads, but either way I guess...

It does?
I'm not a computer genius so maybe I'm not understanding something. If someone can view the history on a computer will they be able to view my posts? I don't quite understand how this works.

I never was comfortable with posts regarding releases or current ebay auctions, feeling that it gives outside people inside information. If that makes sense? There is another huge reason but it is not pin-related and is personal. I don't mind sharing when this whole fiasco is over but until then I'm so nervous about my situation.

They can view up to 3 or 4, but after that, the forum prompts you to log in and you can't see new stuff. You could probably refresh those same 3 threads over and over, I'm not sure about that.

I think is is very much already private to whom is already register, My friend has been trying to register as a new person
for the first time and she hasn't been able to register and find out about pins.It has been very difficult she has been trying for the pass week everyday and hasn't been able to. So this being so private to get in is leaving a lot of people that want to learn more about pins out of it.I am just saying its ok for your private messages be kept private but whats on the forum I don't know, that is why we have this to be inform on whats going on in the pin world. And thanks to this forum we know whats going on.

I am curious as to why you would want this private? I know people can google your name and anything you post is out there for the world to see. That i dont like but i am not sure about going private how will new people find us?

Nevermind, I think I posted in a act of desperation. I just didn't want non-members to be able to see what I post because of fear of getting in trouble. I can't explain just yet. I might not be able to explain fully for weeks because I'm scared that I can get in even more trouble. And by then it might not even matter anymore. It just sucks and I can't explain further.

I know it was also brought up before and a lot of people were in favor of some kind of privacy especially because of pin releases. I think there was a different wave of members back then that would know what I'm referring to.

The forum does only allow non-registered & logged-in users to view a certain number of threads within a 24-hour period before it asks them to register, after which they cannot view any more threads or posts.

if this is a legit concern, please feel free to PM any of the moderators or admins and we can see if we can discuss it privately.

happy posting!

Back