• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

March Pin Trading Night at WDW Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.
March Pin Trading Night at WDW Resort

Dented

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Last nice my wife and I met up with some other DisneyPinForum members for Pin Trading Night at the Walt Disney World Resort. We have been to a dozen or so events before, but this one, by far, was the best event we have been to. Though we were tired already when we stepped in line at 5:05 PM (we had spent the whole day in the Magic Kingdom), meeting some of the characters from the message board here quickly pepped up our night.
Quickly we re-discovered the whole reason we started pin trading to begin with. It is such a great social activity. We met four of our fellow forum members. Each of them brought knowledge about the hobby: we learned from all of them along the way. One of the reasons why we did not enjoy some of these events in the past is because we were always so bored. We always felt like since we did not have a lot of pins to trade, there was so little to do. But sitting at a table close to new friends was all the difference.
Finally, the pins: our new found friends were able to help us trade for some great stuff for our collection, even though we came with few "quality" traders. We had spent the day collecting new 2011 WDW cast lanyard pins. We traded six of them for
pin50748

After that we traded a 2 AP's, 2 LE 1,000, and 2 rack pins and ended up with 2 nice JUMBO pins for my wife's stitch collection,
pin52718

pin58227

Finally we traded the Narnia set listed above for a nice Star Wars set, which is more in line with what I collect:
pin77460

Of course, we got other pins all along the way, some for both my collection and my wife's.

To recap, Pin Trading Nights with PinTradingForum members equals a new found awesomeness!

I am hoping they will post here and identify themselves. I will give you a clue about one, he almost plays the part of Yankee Doodle to a tee!
Glad you had a great time! And who might these DPF members be that you met? :)

It was good meeting you Keith!

I had a good time as well, but didn't have nearly as much luck as you! lol

Here's what I pulled in (aside from a bunch of 2011 HMs):

Last edited:
Last nice my wife and I met up with some other DisneyPinForum members for Pin Trading Night at the Walt Disney World Resort. We have been to a dozen or so events before, but this one, by far, was the best event we have been to. Though we were tired already when we stepped in line at 5:05 PM (we had spent the whole day in the Magic Kingdom), meeting some of the characters from the message board here quickly pepped up our night.
Quickly we re-discovered the whole reason we started pin trading to begin with. It is such a great social activity. We met four of our fellow forum members. Each of them brought knowledge about the hobby: we learned from all of them along the way. One of the reasons why we did not enjoy some of these events in the past is because we were always so bored. We always felt like since we did not have a lot of pins to trade, there was so little to do. But sitting at a table close to new friends was all the difference.
Finally, the pins: our new found friends were able to help us trade for some great stuff for our collection, even though we came with few "quality" traders. We had spent the day collecting new 2011 WDW cast lanyard pins. We traded six of them for
pin50748

After that we traded a 2 AP's, 2 LE 1,000, and 2 rack pins and ended up with 2 nice JUMBO pins for my wife's stitch collection,
pin52718

pin58227

Finally we traded the Narnia set listed above for a nice Star Wars set, which is more in line with what I collect:
pin77460

Of course, we got other pins all along the way, some for both my collection and my wife's.

To recap, Pin Trading Nights with PinTradingForum members equals a new found awesomeness!

The Star Wars set is awesome, your avitar is awesome too.

Even better than the Avatar is the profile picture (at least in my opinion). It is Kermit's visit to the Food and Wine Festival. We took my Kermit Master Replica on a Disney trip last year and made a video. Here it is if you care to see:
[video=youtube;yaUawOJK39k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaUawOJK39k[/video]

Even better than the Avatar is the profile picture (at least in my opinion). It is Kermit's visit to the Food and Wine Festival. We took my Kermit Master Replica on a Disney trip last year and made a video. Here it is if you care to see:
[video=youtube;yaUawOJK39k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaUawOJK39k[/video]

That was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back