• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Marking threads/forums read?

Marking threads/forums read?

Duckmite

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Ok, another thing I couldn't figure out. I'm sure I'll find the answer the minute I've done posting this like happened with my last question :rofl:

How do I mark a thread read (hey, it rhymes!) without opening it? The same goes for whole forums. Also, is it/will it be possible to hide a forum? For example, there won't probably ever be a pin trading gathering here in Finland so I wouldn't mind if I didn't have to scroll past a Gatherins Forum whenever I check the site for new messages.

Hi Duckmite! Welcome to DPF! :D

With regard to the "hiding" fo forums, you can collapse the forum category by clicking on the arrow to the right of the category title bar as seen below:

this will hide the forum from being listed on the front page, provided you do not log out. it will remain persistent and "collapsed" while you are logged in. I have nto yet tested if it stays in your settings (i.e. if you log out and log back in, if it will still be collapsed).

collapse1.png

collapse2.png

I just checked: the forum _does_ stay collapsed, even after you've logged out. :) Hope this helps!

Thanks! I did notice the way to collapse a forum _category_ (yes, after I had posted the question...), but I suppose there is no good way to hide a single forum within a category so it would be easy to unhide it when wanted. That would probably mean you'd have to have forum control in user settings which might be a major fix for a minor problem.

Thank you for checking that the category stays collapsed for me, I appreciate it.

Thanks Judy, hadn't noticed that. But I found it only on the top page which I suppose means it marks all forums in all categories read. I would like to be able to mark individual forums as read.
It's under Forum Tools! Dang I'm good!

Back