• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Marvel sure loves this pose for its characters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvel sure loves this pose for its characters...

Jabberwocky

Cheshirefied
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
In my capacity of totally not collecting Marvel pins recently... :p ... I happened to notice something...

RS_R665171c183.png
thumb130_201610165588.jpg
RS_R9c0abb1178.png
thumb130_201510079268.jpg
thumb130_201603138223.png
thumb130_201511274969.jpg
thumb130_201511285356.jpg

While in every collecting theme, the same pose is often repeated for a character - I have a ton of Alice pins reusing artwork of her in the same standing pose, Cheshire pins reusing artwork of him in the same sitting pose, etc. - I can't recall having seen multiple characters in one theme using the same pose! But maybe I just don't look at other pins enough! And admittedly, I do rather like that Thor one! :D

Have you noticed another movie/theme in which multiple characters use the same iconic pose?

Reactions: Ajk
Marvel isn't alone there. DC Comics characters are also found in the same pose. I think it's the most overused pose for comic book characters ever, though it could make a very fun themed collection of them all displayed together. :D

Classic superhero landing pose. We always look for it in the movies, like the Wilhelm scream. I think the first Deadpool movie even reffed it.

In terms of recycling the same pose for multiple characters, I think that's the whole goal of the WDI Villains and the WDI Heroines set...

I have the Red Skull one so I might be tempted to try if two of those weren't overly expensive DSF pins. :p :D I save my spending stupid $ for my real collection. ;)
What's the harm in trying? After all, you've clearly stated time and time again: this is not a collection, these Avengers pins are just assembling (see what I did there?) on your pin board until you find them a new home. :p

So since it isn't a collection, does it really matter if you can't get every. single. one. of. them? ;) And if you really do care about getting all of them, you should know that patience is key. You've been in pins long enough to know this. If you wait long enough, it'll find its way into your pin bag eventually, either through trade, sale, or zap. :)

What's the harm in trying? After all, you've clearly stated time and time again: this is not a collection, these Avengers pins are just assembling (see what I did there?) on your pin board until you find them a new home. :p
:) Maybe it's because it's really not a collection (even if people don't believe me :p ) that I'm not feeling the least bit completist about it. :D I trade for (or have bought a few super cheap) the two dozen or so Marvel pins that have wandered my way and ASSEMBLED ;) on my board. They've all been nice simple OE's and rack pins. I'm happy to look at other Marvel pins, but there are really only a handful of higher ends ones that call my name that I might go out of my way for (a specific Loki one, a specific Winter Soldier one and maybe that Thor pin above if I happen to stumble into a trade for it). There are a couple of others in the $10-$15 range that I have not hurried to get though I'd happily trade for them - another Loki one, a CrossBones one and an Agent Carter pin. But really, this is just kind of what I'm doing for fun between hunting down that handful of Wonderland pins that I'm missing that ARE for my forever collection. Keeps me busy and happy as I do so love the MCU characters. Just not a high enough priority to go out of my way to hunt down or actively seek out and spend my pin money on! Wonderland is where my heart and my home is - I'm just enjoying visiting the MCU in the meantime! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back