Mouse Pin Trading in Orlando

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by slbrabham, Jan 26, 2019.

1. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

Is anyone on here familiar with Mouse Pin Trading events? I was looking at pin trading events around the time of my trip to Orlando. The dates in April match for me. I was looking for any details about their events.

Thanks for any help.

2. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I went to many of their pin trading meet ups during my 7 months working in Orlando. I have made some very awesome trades there. You’ll see a mix of regulars and visitors and the diversity and quality of pins is great. I’ve always seen people from Europe swing by and I made lots of good trades for Paris pins I needed. Plus I just love the people who put a lot of hard work into the event to make sure everyone has a good time. The environment is very welcoming and everyone is always willing to answer your questions.

If the time allows, definitely set aside a good portion of your day. They start early at 8am but it starts to get busy around 10am and people usually stay until the last hour. I miss their events so much, especially now that I am back to living in California where the pin traders here are just very different (as in, it’s a lot more sharky and eBay-obsessive).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiragigi and slbrabham like this.
  3. TiggerSue

TiggerSue Want TIGGER PINS!!! on PinPics - FLTiggerSue

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I agree with Tiffychan, there is usually a nice mix of Traders there. They also sell (you make the offer) as well as trade so, bring some cash (small bills).

That Holiday Inn has a small Disney Store (with trading) and a small snack market as well as a bar with food. I'd plan on, at least, 2 hours.

The Raffle is at 3pm and everyone is gone by 4pm. I may be there too. :)

4. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

@tiffychann @TiggerSue

Thank you for replying. I will definitely pack my trading bags. :D It sounds fun.

5. Tamatoa

Tamatoa I'd rather be shiny!

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I might drop by too! This is the first I've heard of this event but I live really close by!

slbrabham likes this.
  6. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

I found a list of pin trading group events listed under Pin Trading events on Disney Pins Blog.

7. TiggerSue

TiggerSue Want TIGGER PINS!!! on PinPics - FLTiggerSue

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

@Tamatoa
    There are, at least, 2 WDW area Pin Meets that I go to.
    MousePinTrading is at the Disney Springs Holiday Inn (usually the 3rd Saturday).
    Central Florida Disney Pin Chasers is at the Old Town Holiday Inn on 192 (usually the 2nd Saturday).

Disney Pins Blog keeps up-to-date on their schedules.

slbrabham likes this.
  8. Tamatoa

Tamatoa I'd rather be shiny!

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

That is good to know! I probably won't be able to go to the Central Florida one because it's a little far for someone who can't drive, but I can walk to MousePinTrading!

slbrabham likes this.
  9. Kiragigi

Kiragigi Active Member

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

I love love LOVE the group that puts on those events! They are great people and the events are great. I can’t recommend them enough! They put on a Sunday event during the Epcot pin trading weekend and their event is for sure the best part of our trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slbrabham likes this.
  10. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

This seems like a really fun event from the posts. Also, it sounds like I might be able to meet some DPFers in person which would be nice. I'm going to try my hardest to make the April event. :D

11. Damiens pins

Damiens pins Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

I went to the November one at the holiday inn Disney springs I had a fantastic time and did some really good trades and brought some cool pins that was resenbly priced would highly recomend there is also a raffle for a chance to win some hard to find pins there's a facebook Page with dates and times hope this helps

slbrabham likes this.
  12. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

13. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

Is anyone going to the April trade event? I am excited to do in person trading again.