• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

NBC Hidden Mickey Candy Corns - real vs. fake comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
NBC Hidden Mickey Candy Corns - real vs. fake comparison

Nasubionna

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi everyone! The 2010 Hidden Mickey pins featuring Nightmare Before Christmas characters are known to have fakes being pumped out from China, and I ended up with a fake set of Lock, Shock and Barrels courtesy of eBay. Lovely. But then I got my hands on some that are clearly authentic, so I thought I'd do a side-by-side comparison. I'm sorry I don't have Jack and Sally to compare as well.

f94AdXa.jpg

You can see VERY clear differences between Barrel - he's missing a pupil and his entire nose in the fake pin! And while Lock is pretty close between the two, Shock has a major color difference in her clothing and all three of the fakes have much thicker lines than the authentic pins.

9rY1A1Z.jpg

Here's the backs, though personally I struggle to identify any clear patterns/differences between the two.

r3Y7rX8.jpg

There is a clear difference in thickness and weight between the two sets.

Anyway, I hope this was interesting and maybe helpful to some people! :)

At one point, weren't all the scrappers green candy corn instead of yellow?

Oh wow, I don't know about that, but I suppose there actually is a more greenish tint to the scrappers yellow part compared to the real ones. It doesn't show up well in my pictures, but I can see it now that you're pointing it out!

Thank you for the post... Always appreciate info on fakes.

Regarding pin back differences: Is it lighting in the pics or is the DPT logo, the triangles in a circle frame, different? The circle frame on back of fakes look spikier/pointier to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back