• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Newbie Help?

Newbie Help?

quicksilver493

Gonna be a MIGHTY king!
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I find that I'm not able to make threads in certain forums. Is that a glitch, just my laptop or something else?
Any other tips would be most helpful.

Hi, newbie here!
I have no idea what anything on this website means, or how to use it. I have a pin that I have been holding onto since my first time going to disneyland, and it never crossed my mind that people collect them in a serious manner. I am trying to sale it for my own college fund, but the past three days of trying to research the specific pin i have hasnt gotten me anywhere really. What I have gathered is Disney only sold it for one day, for reasons that aren't very clear, and I have only been able to find one other pin like mine being sold online to get some idea from, but when i tried contacting that person they were very short with information, and very rude. I have a sleeping beauty limited edition 750
(though online says they didn't even end up selling that many, or making that many like they planned) It has a move-able center piece that displays the princess switching back and fourth from the blue dress to the pink one. Than on the stable part of the pin, her three fairy aunts circled around her. Any one willing to take time to share this information on this pin with me, or if your interest in buying it please contact me. Thank you for taking your time to read this for those who do, I tried to keep it short, however I always have the tendency to ramble. Thank you

Hello
I'm guessing it's this one :
http://www.pinpics.com/pinMT.php?pi...ort=Oldest&pinpage=0&limited=LE 750&PB_page=1
pin36573th200

I am new to the whole pin trading. I was just wondering how someone who isn't near a Disney Park would acquire pins to trade? I have 4 already but each one holds meaning for me so I do not want to trade those. I have looked on ebay but from reading some comments I am simply too afraid of making such a purchase because of the scammers. However the idea of buying like a random set of 25+ pins sounds like a good way to get started. I just don't know what to do.

I am new to the whole pin trading. I was just wondering how someone who isn't near a Disney Park would acquire pins to trade? I have 4 already but each one holds meaning for me so I do not want to trade those. I have looked on ebay but from reading some comments I am simply too afraid of making such a purchase because of the scammers. However the idea of buying like a random set of 25+ pins sounds like a good way to get started. I just don't know what to do.

It is a bit of a challenge.

For the most part I buy sets that include something that I need for my collections, and use the other pins in the set as traders. I also participate in "pin games" here on the forum, as a lot of the time you can get good traders if none of the pins are anything you want for your collection.

You could also try the new Park Packs that come out monthly on the Disney Store website - they include a LE and two OE pins.

As you know, you can get good deals on eBay sometimes, but definitely not from most "pin lots" - those are usually scrappers and fakes! Sometimes eBay sellers sell their collections as individual pins and you can get a good deal though. Always check their feedback!

Lastly, a lot of good members here often sell pins at decent prices, and some even do "pickups" for other members, so you can get LEs at near cost!

Hope that helped! It is difficult to get into trading when you don't live near the parks, but if you are patient and hunt for good deals you will get a nice trader list soon!

:)

It depends on what you're looking to trade for . If its ordinary rack pins or booster / mystery pack pins you could try buying similar pins here on DPF , Speezard has a thread offering pickups at close to cost which would help . If you're looking for Limited Edition pins it's trickier , you'll need LE pins to trade with other people in most cases .
The 25+ packs your seeing on eBay will get you nowhere if you're hoping to trade with other PinPics / DPF members anyways as they mostly contain Hidden Mickey pins which few people are willing to take the risk on as they're faked so often .
Do you have a PinPics account set-up ?

I started off with trading primarily in the parks. To increase my traders I bought mystery packs in the parks. It was not until years later that I even considered buying pins online. The Disneystore occasionally will have sales (although I do not remember the last time they had one), I would also buy from members here to buy traders that I would use at the park.

Many of my traders are pins that used to fit my collection but do not any more OR are pins that I thought I know that this pin looks lovely I will be able to trade it later. I also have a few traders that I picked up because a friend offered a pin that I was not thrilled about for a pin I had.

Back