• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Now pictures keep disappearing from my signature - not having much luck!

Now pictures keep disappearing from my signature - not having much luck!

pinnochiolover

UK Collector/Trader
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
How do you make your pictures a reasonable size, guys? Once I transfer the pictures into my signature, I don't seem to be able to reduce their size like I could in the old forum. Ive even tried reducing them in another program, but then they dont want to transfer into my signature. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Have you tried resizing your pictures through Microsoft Paint? You can also use the thumbnail image provided by Pin Pics search results. If you need help resizing, just let me know and I can resize pictures for you. :) Currently, resizing pictures through post or signature editing boxes on DPF is not available.

you can use the [thumb] tags instead of the tag to resize a larger image to a small thumbnail size.

for example, your first pin in your sig with [thumb] tags instead of [img] tags:
[thumb]http://www.pinpics.com/img/p624/pin31235[/thumb]

Thanks for all the responses. I managed to make them a bit smaller, but it wasnt an easy process. I had a go with the Microsoft Paint, but didnt get anywhere! But then I dont use it that much, so I am not very familar with it! The thumbnail idea was very appealing, but again I didnt get anywhere with it. My understanding is that you right click on the picture and then save as, selecting a file type at the same time. Unfortunately, I get a message saying "the file type being saved or retrieved has been blocked". Is my computer security software blocking me?

My understanding is that you right click on the picture and then save as, selecting a file type at the same time. Unfortunately, I get a message saying "the file type being saved or retrieved has been blocked". Is my computer security software blocking me?
Pin Pics doesn't use the usual file system for its images. If you're using Internet Explorer, you have to right click the image, and sel
pin81222
ect "Properties" for the image URL, from which you can then "Save Picture As..."

Pictures keep disappearing from my signature!

Each time I visit the DPF site, I notice that something has happened to my signature. I correct my signature and then save it. Only to find that next time something else has happened to it. This time I have noticed that pictures are completely missing from my signature. What's going on?

Hi, I see on visiting the site this time, that my signature is intact. Hopefully it was a temporary gliche. The only way I was able to create my signature was to first save the pictures to my computer, from Pinpics. I then imported them from my computer into my signature. I use Internet Explorer.

Hi, Pictures were again missing from my signature when I visited site today. Up until now, I have been clicking "Upload signature picture" and then "Save Signature". I have today reloaded my signature pictures, and previewed them before saving. Let's see if that works!

thejessta, you refer to "Insert Signature Picture", I could not find an option that was specifically called that, are you referring to "Upload signature picture"?

thejessta, you refer to "Insert Signature Picture", I could not find an option that was specifically called that, are you referring to "Upload signature picture"?
Yes, after you upload your signature picture, to the right of the Signature Picture box should be a button that says Insert Signature Picture:

isp0.png

Try clicking that then previewing.

OK, so I found "insert signature picture". Still not working for me, sometimes it will insert four of the one image. What I have noticed is that it inserts the words [sigpic] twice for each image, rather than the image, and then I sometimes get the words rather than the image in my signature. I have been trying to insert six individual images, one at a time into my signature. Is this where I am going wrong? Do I have to insert just one image which contains all six pictures?

Thank you in advance for your patience in this matter!

Last edited:
OK, so I found "insert signature picture". Still not working for me, sometimes it will insert four of the one image. What I have noticed is that it inserts the words [sigpic] twice for each image, rather than the image, and then I sometimes get the words rather than the image in my signature. I have been trying to insert six individual images, one at a time into my signature. Is this where I am going wrong? Do I have to insert just one image which contains all six pictures?

Thank you in advance for your patience in this matter!
That may be it -- i believe you are only allowed one image for your signature. so you either reference each picture from an external site, or if you want to use our signature image upload option, all the images you want must be consolidated into one image.

Back