• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Oh puh-lease ... Not Ariel!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh puh-lease ... Not Ariel!!

Merryweather

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
408   0   0
There is yet another (!) Ebay seller who is selling a storm of (IMO and only my opinion) bad pins on Ebay. This person came to my radar with the Princess

Letter pins from the framed series of 69133

It is funny how he has every letter, but the P (71466)

Now, these lovely and HTF Ariel pins also hit Ebay thanks to his able hands.

He already sold one set and now a second batch is available on Ebay. All starting at the bargain bottom rice of 89c for your bidding pleasure!

What do you think? Authentic or Not?? IMHO sadly NOT :(

Last edited:
I think they are probably authentic. I see other Tokyo pins he has on auction. He probably just got his hands on a bunch of them.

But yes, he does sell many fakes from what I can see in his listings.

I think I bought a couple of letters from him. They do look fishy and the mouse ears on the back look off, but there are, oddly, no dips and the pins are shiny (hence my companion post about whether the princess letters have been scrapped). I know it's bad, but I only really want Belle from that set (there's another seller who also has them, starting at 1.95 which are fishy too).

P.S. If I win one for 89-cents, I'll let you know. :rant: LOL!

Last edited:
I can't see the first picture Merryweather ! if fake, so sad !

I fixed the thumb nail for the princess framed pin set. I think this person sells a lot of questionable pins. So if we see several repeats of these Ariel pins, draw your own conclusions ;)

See, this is what is bad anymore, it being tougher to trade with honest people on the forum and then get frustrated and buy the pins taking a bigger chance getting a scrapper .

Few years ago, there used be a flurry of SWA free flight certificates (the kind you get after earning 16 credits) on Ebay. I have bought and sold many of those without encountering fraud. But, I think there was a big problem with those and SWA must have contacted Ebay. All of a sudden, Ebay stopped allowing sale of those free tix. Not only free tix, but discount vouchers were also prohibited from being sold on Ebay.

Now, I am wondering if something similar could be done for Ebay pins. At least, big trader lots should be restricted as a start. Maybe they can put a cap on tarding lots that sell scrappers in counts of 25, 50 and up.

I am sure that would be a long, tedious legal process but even then an appeal to Ebay could be made. Obviously, Disney does not care about the issue. So, how would we go about this?? Rather than attacking individual sellers for sale of scrappers, just limit sale of big lots maybe?

The main thing with scrappers is there is inevitably scrappers of every pin produced...thats quality control they check a batch and if there are many bad pins in that batch the batch is "tossed out" in this case the "tossed out" pins are probably being sold to the highest bidder black market style and there will never really be a way to stop it unless disney sells every pin they make. Which is not feasible since scrappers are not the same as a good run of pins.

agreed with teh Hapa One. Don't forget that scrappers will always continue to exist and will never go away. There will always be someone on the factory floor more than happy to pick up Disney trash and resell it. I just got my hands on http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=79199 and had a scrapper and a real one side by side. The differences were teeny tiny and literally required the use of a magnifying glass, but they were there. There will always be scrappers out there of good stuff especially; we just ahve to learn to see the difference.

He already sold one set and now a second batch is available on Ebay. All starting at the bargain bottom rice of 89c for your bidding pleasure!

Of course there's a combination of several factors here - but since when a low starting price alone is a feature for scrappers? At least last year ebay did have some auctions with fees reduced (or they may have even been free) if your seller account fulfilled certain criteria.

They could very well just take advantage of that - if the price doesn't go high enough there's still ways around the sale...

Of course there's a combination of several factors here - but since when a low starting price alone is a feature for scrappers? ..

You are right, it is a combination of several factors and a low starting price is definitely not enough reason to suspect scrappers.

But, the picture changes a bit (for me anyway) if a seller away from the parks is unloading same pins over and over again at low starting prices. He can't even claim that he has been trading with cast members or other people at the parks.

The seller I am posting about is discussed as a scrapper seller on other boards, so I just wnted to caution DPF people. If it looks to good to be true .... and in his case, it looked too good to be true.

Last edited:
There is yet another (!) Ebay seller who is selling a storm of (IMO and only my opinion) bad pins on Ebay. This person came to my radar with the Princess

Letter pins from the framed series of 69133

It is funny how he has every letter, but the P (71466)

Now, these lovely and HTF Ariel pins also hit Ebay thanks to his able hands.

What do you think? Authentic or Not?? IMHO sadly NOT :(

I sure hope they are not scrapers because those ones with donald and ariel are on my wants list pretty high up!(as you can see why from my avater lol)

Last edited:
Bumping this back up ....

I have been following this seller for almost 6 months, he offers mostly (if not only) scrappers on Ebay.

He is selling the Ariel Japan dining pins again.

Pin collector beware!

and we were so excited that someone finally had them -- as they have been on my daughter's "wants" list since they appeared on pinpics. Worst part of all of this -- we always check feedback to make sure they are legit -- and wouldn't you know, he has a 99.9% feedback score. His only negatives have been for Hard Rock Cafe pins, no mention of counterfeits of Disney pins!!

So sorry to disappoint your daughter.

But think about it ...

A seller with hundreds of park and HM pins based on the east coast way far from the parks??

Just because he takes pretty pictures with a bright background and has fgood feedback it does not make his pins legit.

And is it only me, or does anyone else find it very odd that he is selling many many many of the princess letters pins from the framed set? I mean, how many frames can one person break open? I doubt that Disney sold those , and so on ever open stock. But this dude lists a new set once a week or so. For some reason he never has from the same frame though :lol:

I know he is an Eby preferred seller with good feedback, but he is selling scrappers. FYI ....

and we were so excited that someone finally had them -- as they have been on my daughter's "wants" list since they appeared on pinpics. Worst part of all of this -- we always check feedback to make sure they are legit -- and wouldn't you know, he has a 99.9% feedback score. His only negatives have been for Hard Rock Cafe pins, no mention of counterfeits of Disney pins!!

I've noticed that several sellers who sell fake Disney pins also sell Hard Rock Cafe pins at the same time.

[/B]I've noticed that several sellers who sell fake Disney pins also sell Hard Rock Cafe pins at the same time.

When I was doing internet research for wholesale lots out of China, I have seen a lot of HRC pins on the same web sites too.

In fact there is one more "bad" seller who has negative fb for her HRC pins and she sells low LE Disney pins as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back