• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Old Disney Store Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Disney Store Dolls

MagicLover1

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as I am an avid doll collector, I am just as much a doll databaser. My mother used to database every singe Barbie from her release in 1959, even going so far to put their product codes. I am just the same, and the older Disney Store dolls are an absolute disaster to find information on. Disney has a bad habit of releasing dolls without labeling the boxes with much information, whether it be a year or even a name! Here are all the dolls I can find, not including normal attire releases, and I'm sure I'm missing information.

I want your input on these older styalized dolls. Do you like all of the different collections and creative liberties? Which is your favorite? Do you/Did you own any of these? What do you know about these dolls? Am I missing any collections or dolls? All images were found on eBay or Google Images and were used only group together data.

1. Royal Collection
    tumblr_osrgvi7xdz1towsrro3_540.jpg
  2. Fall Fantasy Collection
    tumblr_osrgvi7xdz1towsrro10_540.jpg
  3. Floral Princess Collection (Couldn't find an image of Cinderella in box)
    tumblr_osrgvi7xdz1towsrro4_400.jpg
  4. Royal Masquerade Collection
    $_1.JPG
  5. Ballerina Collection
    tumblr_osrgvi7xdz1towsrro6_400.jpg
  6. Spring Fair Collection (I'm assuming I'm missing some)
    tumblr_osrgvi7xdz1towsrro7_400.jpg
  7. Royal Travels Collection (rare and cute as can be! Assuming I'm missing some)
    tumblr_osrgvi7xdz1towsrro8_400.jpg
  8. Enchanted Princess Collection
    tumblr_osrgvi7xdz1towsrro5_400.jpg
  9. Nameless Light Up box Collection ?
    tumblr_osrgvi7xdz1towsrro2_400.jpg
  10. Completely Unknown? Amazon calls it "Ballroom Collection"
    71%2BO45U9kiL._SY550_.jpg

Interesting to see how many themed lines they used to do, nowadays it's only them in their iconic outfits. My favorite old Disney Store doll line has to be the very first "Princess" line, back when the Disney Princess franchise was just coming to be.

This is one of the only pieces of "proof" that Esmeralda was once a Disney Princess:

13864ecf1897421c1ac2c46e1ab94c10.jpg

Tinkerbell was also included.

Last edited:
I loveeeeeee all of these! I'm a huge fan of Aurora's old dolls because it's somewhere between Barbie and her character... it's not anywhere close to how accurate her doll is today but I love it. I think because I'm such a huge barbie fan is why I like her old dolls so much.

i feel like at this time their competition really was Barbie so they were trying to compete by putting fresh spins on the Disney characters I love all of these ideas especially the ballerina line I really wish Disney would branch out more and do things like this again.

I defintetly miss Esmeralda and Tink being part of the official lineup. The lack of attention and love some of the Disney Heroines is tragic. The release of Robin Hood and Maid Marion is a very good sign.

And I completely agree! These dolls were so fun and festive! I'm hoping that Hasbro will have fun with these characters and allow them to have their own little adventures.

I purchased the Aurora that was labeled at part of the Ballroom Collection, and it seems accurate. While there is no official title for the group of dolls, it is focused around Aurora, Cinderella, and Belle going to somekind of ball. Here is the photo of the back of the box with Cinderella and Belle's stock photos:
tumblr_otalktyt3y1towsrro1_1280.jpg

Here is a photo of Belle in box:
$_1.JPG

Last edited:
LOVE THIS, I am currently obsessed with collecting the Ballerina line, they are like beautiful puffy princess pixies. I love the lines of their arms and legs. I think all I need is Pocahontas now. The stands that comes with these older dolls is so substantial, I love it too! Thank you for putting these together.

I just found this image on Instagram. It was posted by @tubbsdolls ! I've never seen these.
2qdo85z.jpg

I found a picture of Jasmine in box! I'll post any updates!
vnhwso.jpg

I'm pretty sure those dolls are from the Enchanted Tales collection. Back in 2007/08 Disney did short lived series about the princesses called the Enchanted Tales Collection. Jasmine and Aurora were the first ones released on DVD and they intended to do Belle and Cinderella but they got cancelled due to poor sales.

I really like the Jasmine doll from the Royal Collection in the first post. I never understood why Disney didn't market her in her purple dress, its much more princessy than her normal look and adds a different color to the mix.

I'm pretty sure those dolls are from the Enchanted Tales collection. Back in 2007/08 Disney did short lived series about the princesses called the Enchanted Tales Collection. Jasmine and Aurora were the first ones released on DVD and they intended to do Belle and Cinderella but they got cancelled due to poor sales.

I really like the Jasmine doll from the Royal Collection in the first post. I never understood why Disney didn't market her in her purple dress, its much more princessy than her normal look and adds a different color to the mix.
After finding these, I went back and watched the first movie and while it's not great, it was sweet. I wish they had done the second movie. In regards to Jasmne, I completely agree. The purple one is so pretty and it's not like there would be confusion between her and Rapnzel. Maybe we will get to see it with the LA movie coming.

I also found the Cinderella Ballroom doll is anyone had been interested. She's on ebay.
s-l500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back