Orlando End of May?

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by dancecats, Apr 4, 2018.

1. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

As the thread title indicates, I'm about 90% sure that I'll be in Orlando for a long Memorial Day weekend. At this time, I'm figuring that my dates will be approximately 24 or 25 May - 29 May 2018.

My primary reason for going would be for something called grade exams (I do Irish Step Dance), which will be held on Sunday, 27 May 2018 as part of a larger two day competition (long story short, I'm not doing the competition, just the grade exams). At this point, I'm uncertain whether I'll be staying at the competition hotel (located on International Drive) and commuting to WDW/Universal almost daily or staying at WDW/Universal and commuting to the competition hotel on Sunday; I need to price out my options and see which works better, especially since I will NOT have a car and will be taking taxis or Uber. More likely than not, it'll be somewhere on WDW, especially since I believe it's the last weekend for Flower & Garden and I haven't been for almost 10 years. And of course, if for some reason I end up not doing the grade exams, this trip won't happen at all.

That being said, assuming this trip is happening, would anyone be available (either local or just visiting) to meet up at the parks?

2. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    503   0   0

You were there for F&G in 2012, missy. I met you there :)

Anyhow, have fun!

3. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

That's right; for some reason, I more closely associate that trip with the Tangled PODM release than I do with Flower & Garden lol. The trip I associate with Flower & Garden is the year of Animal Kingdom's last pin event ... so 2007 or 2008, I think?

4. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    503   0   0

Of course, cuz that's when we met up. Well, the day before or so at MK. We met up with Bellecat at EPCOT :)

5. swscref

swscref Active Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

I will be in town later in the afternoon on the 28th with my family. Not sure what the total schedule is yet, but it would be nice to say hi.