Overheard at Disney

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by Addicted to Alice Pins, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins My name is Ann, and I'm here to enable you!

Rating - 100%
    85   0   0

Y'all are familiar with those social media accounts like "Overheard in NYC" etc, right? Well, we all spend enough time at the parks (or resorts, stores, etc) that I thought we could share some of our own best/favorite "Overheard at Disney" quotes. (I know there are Disney-related accounts for this, but not everyone is on social media and some of us may have better quotes than the ones that get posted, ha.)

I'll start ...

Overheard in Magic Kingdom, several years ago:

"This is the happiest place on Earth so ACT LIKE IT!" ~ a frazzled mom talking to her crying 7-year-old son on Main Street

(This is the one BFF, his mom, and I quote at least once per trip, ha ha ha ha ha.)

2. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    115   0   0

This is a great idea! I’ll have to start taking notes to report back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kerri780 likes this.
  3. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

My favorite was in a bathroom, a small child upon discovering the toilets flush themselves:
    "Mommy! At Disneyland even the toilets are magical!"

4. curiousdinah

curiousdinah Active Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

"John, have her add a banana to that."
    "What?"
    "Your daughter just stole a banana."

After watching small child run up to kiosk at Animal Kingdom while dad's back was turned, paying for the order, grab a banana out of a basket, and run off.

5. AshleyV

AshleyV Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

10pm in Frontierland, behind a frustrated mom who just wanted everyone to go on the same ride:

"You can ride Big Thunder Mountain OR YOU CAN SIT ON A BENCH!"

6. KT07

KT07 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I have two that first come to mind. A cm from city hall says that people love to tap fingers on the desk as they say "I'm a annual passholder". To which they would say, "and you got in the parks today."

My other and the favorite quote comes from the same cm. he says " you never see a line of kids at city hall to complain about a ride down or missing a show."

Very telling....

7. curiousdinah

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

I am not sure if this counts as "over heard" since it was actually said to me...but someone could have over heard it.
    My sister, to me, as we are walking out of Stitch's Great Escape:
    "I don't know why you love Stitch so much and collect pins. He's kind of an a-hole."

I was appropriately mortified, but still had to try hard not to laugh at it.

8. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

That's what you get for letting your kid watch Aladdin.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

9. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

One of my favorite things about going to WDW is bits of overheard conversations. I usually take my nieces and nephew to WDW and get some evil joy in watching what goes on with parents and their kids. My sister-in-law once confessed she usually felt bad when her kids acted up and was embarrassed by it, but it made her feel better going to Disney and seeing other kids act up and parents losing it.

So, one of my favorites:
    Background: Last January it was really cold here in FL. It wasn't like a blizzard, of course, but it was really stinking cold. Way colder than it normally gets in daylight hours here.
    My nieces, nephew, and I are walking in Fantasy Land in the morning after having a wonderful(ly expensive) breakfast at Be Our Guest restaurant, shivering heading towards Tomorrow Land when I see a young couple with a baby, maybe 5-6 months old, in a baby stroller. The couple is having a discussion and shivering. It seems the guy wanted to get out of the cold. The woman spins on her heels, like no, we're doing this now and walks/bounces away from him and the baby. The guy starts reluctantly following with the stroller and leans downs and whispers really quietly to the clueless baby "I blame your mother for this misery" while staring daggers at her.

The tone of the guy was so funny, but it's a phrase I hear so many people muttering to their kids. "I blame your dad for this." I blame your mom for this." I don' know why, but it makes me laugh each time.

10. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

My husband to my kids... "Come with me if you want to eat." I never stop and eating
    is unimportant when you are in the parks. I think my DH knows the location of every
    food place and kiosk in DLR. :)

11. curiousdinah

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Pretty sure that one day, I will be the one who get "blamed for this."

CCofRR13 and LMB925 like this.
  12. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

Not sure of your situation, but if you're not married yet, maybe you'll end up with someone more into Disney than you. There are always couples there who are totally into it together. Just sometimes you get a non-fanatic married to a fanatic wondering what they go themselves into and it's just really fun to watch that. So, if you end up with a non-fan, just don't go until after you're married. :) Like how you wait until you're fully committed before you bring out your holey pj's/undies and stop wearing a little make up to bed.

CCofRR13, curiousdinah and krand1276 like this.
  13. curiousdinah

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

In theory that would work, but I don't know I could a keep on lid on it for that long. My sister's bf knew about my disney love before he met me, and I am not even the one he's dating!

CCofRR13 and LMB925 like this.
  14. xdattax

xdattax Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

Ugh. Don’t remind me. My ex was just as into Disney as me, which was great. Now, I have to find someone who isn’t all “let me hate on Disney because it’s what the cool kids do.” I’d love to meet a guy who enjoys going (I have an AP) and likes to people watch like i do. Or, at least tolerates going frequently to make me happy. And does runDisney. Yeah. Running buddies are important for rD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCofRR13, LMB925 and krand1276 like this.
  15. LMB925

LMB925 Member

0   0   0

@curiousdinah and @xdattax I think Disney needs to develop a dating app with fan level match ups for you, or at least start doing singles nights. :) Oh, they could do it like the food and wine/art festival, but like in February. I'm a happily committed spinster, but would go just to watch it all unfold. There would be lots a great conversations to overhear at an event like that, especially with the Star Wars fans.

16. a4matte

a4matte Poor Unfortunate Soul

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

There's a website called MickeyMatch or something like that.
    Just sayin'.

17. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby SPREADING the DISNEY PIN MAGIC!!

Rating - 100%
    100   0   0

Lovin' this Thread.

I have heard my share...can't think of any right now.

But this one..ALWAYS come to mind, CM, "how is your day going?" - Me "I'm at Disneyland."

KT07, CCofRR13, LadyBarclay and 3 others like this.
  18. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    370   0   0

Overheard in line for Haunted Mansion. A guest asks a CM if it is a walk-thru attraction:rolleyes:
    Uh, where have you been the last 49 years?????????
    :D:p

CCofRR13 likes this.
  19. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

This happened quite a few years ago (my friends and I were teenagers) while queueing for Tower of Terror. We happened to be in front of a similarly-sized group of males, probably of comparable age, maybe a few years older. While still in the courtyard, those males caught our attention and asked us something to the extent of (and I'm not making this up): 'you do ride this thing sitting down, right?' :rolleyes:

I can understand people being nervous if they've never been on an attraction before, but come on, a little common sense here ... .

CCofRR13 likes this.
  20. krand1276

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

While we were at DLP there was this British boy around 12 walking along with his family, fussing and bawling his eyes out. His mother leaned over to him and said something I couldn't hear. He responded yelling and still crying "But I don't WANT to behave!" It was a very Veruca Salt moment.

21. Kerri780

Kerri780 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Why is it always us Brits... :oops: So embarrassing!

CCofRR13 and krand1276 like this.
  22. krand1276

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

Lol. I'm sure that the others had very embarrassing things too, but I don't speak the other languages. And the only reason I pointed out the accent was because it really did remind me of Veruca Salt. Lol.

CCofRR13, LadyBarclay and Kerri780 like this.
  23. Kerri780

Kerri780 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The amount of trashy TV shows we have: Brits behaving badly, Brits locked up abroad..... seems they start young haha

CCofRR13 and krand1276 like this.
  24. krand1276

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

Omg, that second one sounds fascinating!!!

CCofRR13 likes this.
  25. Kerri780

Kerri780 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I'll see if I can find you a link!