• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Oz The Great and Powerful Re-enactments [SPOILER ALERT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oz The Great and Powerful Re-enactments [SPOILER ALERT]

DRJ1828

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Here are re-enactments of some of my favorite scenes from Oz The Great and Powerful, using posable dolls by the Disney Store.

For those who haven't yet seen the movie, they are contain spoilers. So don't read any further, or look at the photos in this thread, if you haven't seen the movie yet, but intend to see it in the future. Since the movie premiered three weeks ago, I expect that most people that were interested in seeing the movie have already seen it, so I've decided to post the re-enactments now.

So far I have done two scenes. First is China Girl joining hunt for the Wicked Witch. The second is the fight between Evanora and Glinda when Evanora tries to flee the Emerald City. Each scene is in a single post, following this initial post.

China Girl Joins the Witch Hunt

Re-enactment of a scene in Disney's ''Oz The Great and Powerful''. China Girl pleads with the Wizard to join in the hunt for the Wicked Witch, and he finally relents. China Girl 4'' mini doll and Oz (Oscar Diggs) 12'' doll, both by the Disney Store.

Description of each shot in this re-enactment (which is a condensed version of the movie scene):

Shot #1: China Girl - ''But, I want to go with YOU."
Shot #2: Oz - ''On a witch hunt? Nah, you're just a little girl.''
Shot #3: China Girl - ''I'm coming with you!''
Shot #4: China Girl, after Oz says no, starts crying - "You're going to leave me, alone? On a road, in the middle of nowhere?''
Shot #5: China Girl runs, crying, towards Oz, who asks Finley ''She's crying again. What do I do?''
Shot #6: China Girl clings to Oz's leg while sobbing.
Shot #7: China Girl, while crying - "Please let me go with you! I promise not to bother you."
Shot #8: Oz, throwing up his hands - ''Fine! You want to come, come. We'll all go, it'll be a big party!''
Shot #9: China Girl, gets off Oz’s leg and stops crying: ''Great! Let's go kill ourselves a witch!''

China Girl Joins the Witch Hunt - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment with Disney Store Dolls - Shot #1 - China Girl - ''But, I want to go with YOU." by drj1828, on Flickr

China Girl Joins the Witch Hunt - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment with Disney Store Dolls - Shot #2 - Oz - ''On a witch hunt? Nah, you're just a little girl.'' by drj1828, on Flickr

China Girl Joins the Witch Hunt - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment with Disney Store Dolls - Shot #3: China Girl - ''I'm coming with you!'' by drj1828, on Flickr

China Girl Joins the Witch Hunt - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment with Disney Store Dolls - Shot #4: China Girl, after Oz says no, starts crying - "You're going to leave me, alone? On a road, in the middle of nowhere?'' by drj1828, on Flickr

China Girl Joins the Witch Hunt - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment with Disney Store Dolls - Shot #5: China Girl runs, crying, towards Oz, who asks Finley ''She's crying again. What do I do?'' by drj1828, on Flickr

China Girl Joins the Witch Hunt - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment with Disney Store Dolls - Shot #6: China Girl clings to Oz's leg while sobbing. by drj1828, on Flickr

China Girl Joins the Witch Hunt - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment with Disney Store Dolls - Shot #7: China Girl, while crying - "Please let me go with you! I promise not to bother you." by drj1828, on Flickr

China Girl Joins the Witch Hunt - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment with Disney Store Dolls - Shot #8: Oz, throwing up his hands - ''Fine! You want to come, come. We'll all go, it'll be a big party!'' by drj1828, on Flickr

China Girl Joins the Witch Hunt - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment with Disney Store Dolls - Shot #9: China Girl, gets off Oz’s leg and stops crying: ''Great! Let's go kill ourselves a witch!'' by drj1828, on Flickr

Evanora Fights Glinda

Re-enactment of the scene where Evanora tries to flee the Emerald City, but is stopped by Glinda. A fight between the Wicked Witch of the East versus the Good Witch of the South ensues. Used in these shots are the Evanora and Glinda 11.5 inch fashion dolls by the Disney Store, part of the Disney Film Collection. They are movie accurate depictions of the characters from Disney's Oz The Great and Powerful, which went into wide release on March 8, 2013.

Description of each shot in this re-enactment, which is a condensed version of the scene in the movie:

Shot #1: Evanora is crossing the Throne Room, trying to flee Emerald City.
Glinda [from the throne, offscreen]: ''Not so fast! You and I aren't finished here.''
Shot #2: Glinda confronts Evanora.
Evanora: ''You have the throne, Glinda. What more could you want?''
Glinda: ''You can't give me that. You took what mattered most from me: my father.''
Shot #3: Evanora knocks Glinda down with a lightning bolt.
Evanora, gloating: ''What's the matter, Glinda, out of bubbles?''
Glinda, getting up: ''I don't need them, bubbles are just for show!''
Shot #4: Evanora and Glinda square off against each other, floating in midair.
Shot #5: Evanora and Glinda grapple with each other in hand to hand combat. Evanora uses lightning, which Glinda contains with her wand. Glinda grasps Evanora's necklace, with the emerald amulet. Wide shot.
Shot #6: Evanora and Glinda grapple with each other in hand to hand combat. Evanora uses lightning, which Glinda contains with her wand. Glinda grasps Evanora's necklace, with the emerald amulet. Closeup shot.
Shot #7: Evanora has Glinda down on the ground, and is ready to finish her off.
Shot #8: Evanora cannot conjure up her lightning spell, and realizes that her magical emerald pendant is gone. Evanora: ''What have you done?''
Shot #9: Glinda lets go of the pendant, and it begins to disintegrate.
Shot #10: Evanora crawls away from Glinda, weak and aging rapidly. Evanora: ''Look what you've done to me!''

Evanora Fights Glinda - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment - Shot #1 - Evanora is crossing the Throne Room, trying to flee Emerald City by drj1828, on Flickr

Evanora Fights Glinda - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment - Shot #2 - Glinda confronts Evanora. by drj1828, on Flickr

Evanora Fights Glinda - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment - Shot #3 - Evanora knocks Glinda down with a lightning bolt by drj1828, on Flickr

Evanora Fights Glinda - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment - Shot #4 - Evanora and Glinda square off against each other, floating in midair by drj1828, on Flickr

Evanora Fights Glinda - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment - Shot #5 - Evanora and Glinda grapple with each other in hand to hand combat - Wide Shot by drj1828, on Flickr

Evanora Fights Glinda - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment - Shot #5 - Evanora and Glinda grapple with each other in hand to hand combat - Closeup Shot by drj1828, on Flickr

Evanora Fights Glinda - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment - Shot #7 - Evanora has Glinda down on the ground, and is ready to finish her off by drj1828, on Flickr

Evanora Fights Glinda - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment - Shot #8 - Evanora cannot conjure up her lightning spell, and realizes that her magical emerald pendant is gone by drj1828, on Flickr

Evanora Fights Glinda - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment - Shot #9 - Glinda lets go of the pendant, and it begins to disintegrate by drj1828, on Flickr

Evanora Fights Glinda - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment - Shot #10 - Evanora crawls away from Glinda, weak and aging rapidly by drj1828, on Flickr

This...is ... so... CUTE!! This thread brought the BIGGEST smile to my face! Do more! Do Oz dancing with Theodora! I love that scene! ^_^

Awesome reenactments of these scenes, DRJ1828! These are so creative! It's a good thing that they did not make a doll of Evanora's other form... That would have been scary! :)

Thanks, all, for your kind words, I really appreciate it. By request of Aquata, I will do the romantic scene with Oz and Theodora next, coming soon.

Ooh if you have the wicked witch of the west, you should do the scene of oz and glinda's first encounter with her
I do have the Wicked Witch of the West, and I'll be glad to do that one in the next couple of days.
I've just finished my Oz and Theodora scene recreation - it will be in the next post below this one.

Oz Romances Theodora

Re-enactment of the scene where Oz (Oscar Diggs, the Wizard of Oz), romances Theodora, who tells Oscar that she is the Good Witch of the East. Used in these shots are the Oz 12'' fashion doll by the Disney Store (part of the Disney Film Collection) and Theodora 11.5 inch fashion doll by Tollytots. They are depictions of characters from Disney's Oz The Great and Powerful, which went into wide release on March 8, 2013.

Description of each shot in this re-enactment, which is a condensed version of the scene in the movie:

Shot #1: Oz and Theodora rest by a campfire, the night after they first meet.
Shot #2: Theodora takes off her hat and lets down her hair.
Shot #3: Theodora takes off her jacket.
Shot #4: Oz presents a music box to Theodora.
Oz: ''This is a music box that belonged to my grandmother, the Tzarina of Irkutsk. I want you to have it. You deserve it.''
Theodora: ''No one has ever given me anything, just because they wanted to.''
Shot #5: Oz asks Theodora for a dance.
Oz: "Don't tell me no one has ever asked you to dance before.''
Theodora: ''No one ever has.''
Oz: ''It's easy. Just take my hand.''
Shot #6: Oz and Theodora start dancing, tentatively. Wide Shot.
Shot #7: Oz and Theodora start dancing, tentatively. Medium Shot.
Shot #8: Oz and Theodora dancing closer, holding each other tightly. Wide Shot.
Shot #9: Oz and Theodora dancing closer, holding each other tightly. Closeup Shot.
Shot #10: Oz and Theodora holding each other tightly, about to kiss. Closeup Shot.

Oz Romances Theodora - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment - Shot #1 - Oz and Theodora rest by a campfire, the night after they first meet. by drj1828, on Flickr

Oz Romances Theodora - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment - Shot #2 - Theodora takes off her hat and lets down her hair by drj1828, on Flickr

Oz Romances Theodora - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment - Shot #3 - Theodora takes off her jacket by drj1828, on Flickr

Oz Romances Theodora - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment - Shot #4 - Oz presents a music box to Theodora by drj1828, on Flickr

Oz Romances Theodora - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment - Shot #5 - Oz asks Theodora for a dance by drj1828, on Flickr

Oz Romances Theodora - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment - Shot #6 - Oz and Theodora start dancing, tentatively - Wide Shot by drj1828, on Flickr

Oz Romances Theodora - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment - Shot #7 - Oz and Theodora start dancing, tentatively - Medium Shot by drj1828, on Flickr

Oz Romances Theodora - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment - Shot #8 - Oz and Theodora dancing closer, holding each other tightly - Wide Shot by drj1828, on Flickr

Oz Romances Theodora - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment - Shot #9 - Oz and Theodora dancing closer, holding each other tightly - Closeup Shot by drj1828, on Flickr

Oz Romances Theodora - Oz The Great and Powerful - Re-enactment - Shot #10 - Oz and Theodora holding each other tightly, about to kiss - Closeup Shot by drj1828, on Flickr

Another fantastic reenactment of the film in doll format, DRJ1828! I love how you used Queen Grimhilde's heart box. :) It's too bad that they don't have Theodora's fancy dress available. I would love to see a reenactment of Theodora's transformation... oh, and there would have to be a green apple, too.

Another fantastic reenactment of the film in doll format, DRJ1828! I love how you used Queen Grimhilde's heart box. :) It's too bad that they don't have Theodora's fancy dress available. I would love to see a reenactment of Theodora's transformation... oh, and there would have to be a green apple, too.
Thanks, Shiva! I liked how I could use the heart box as a stand in for the music box - it's appropriate since Oz is stealing Theodora's heart, and is about to break it. Oh, and the Oz doll looks much better without his hat and jacket, especially in side view.

I'm so loving these Scene secuence pictures, I'm such a fan of your work DRJ! My favorite so far is Theodora with Oz! Now that you showed Theodora without her jacket, more than ever I'm thinking about doing an idea. I would like to pick a 2nd Theodora doll, so that I can display one with her hat and jacket and make her a custom hair bun so that she looks more movie accurate, and with the 2nd one I would like to display her without her jacket and hat and with her hair down. I really love Theodora hehehe :D !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back