• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auction Ended: Piece of Disney Movies - Sword in the Stone (Sept 13 @ 9pm MTD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auction Ended: Piece of Disney Movies - Sword in the Stone (Sept 13 @ 9pm MTD)
Only because I enjoy controversy and causing a stir, and that cat looks really really sad, if we are still allowed to bid on behalf of others, I would like to add the following to @pretty Omi’s bid if that is acceptable:

pins # 121371 and 119957

Please disregard if that is not allowed under the current rules.

G’day!

No gifs. Sorry, @Ajk but I only have 4% battery left.
I think if you and @pretty Omi aggree she can add to her bid

Since this happened so last min, I will attempt to add one more pin (in case the addition is allowed)
cce564b9435d6add0f2656bbddee0f6f.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man... ok, I already have nervous tummy typing this LOL. xD I love everyone involved here (Erin and Omi are my homegirls 4 lyfe, Shaya is my fellow Greendale Human Being, and Tina is the sweetest), so I hope this isn't taken the wrong way. BUT technically @Spr175psu did open the door by mentioning that he was donating pins "Only because I enjoy controversy and causing a stir," haha, so I suppose the "controversy" has already been alluded to and that door has been opened...?

(I was trying to find a gif of a judge saying something dramatic like "you opened that line of questioning," but this is obviously even better.)

tumblr_niy8jlguQm1rdh9azo2_500.gif

Anyway, this whole thread just reminded me of Tina's previous BatB PODM auction and that there was some drama involved there regarding "donation" bids. This ended up being dancecat's official ruling:

vmPHdsb.png

So donation bids ARE evidently allowed (as I believe they should be!!!), but only so long as the pins will actually be in the bidder's possession by the end of the auction. The auction is now over, and I'm assuming Omi does not have Shaya's pins in-hand, since he offered them at the last minute. (I think in the future, we should probably mail "donations" at the start of the auction to ensure they'll be in-hand by the time it closes, and if that bidder ends up not winning, they can just mail the pins back. Yeah, it will cost extra in shipping, but it's worth it to keep things fair, right?)

And perhaps this should be handled more discreetly, so as not to hurt anyone's feelings. Because when I was browsing the old BatB PODM thread to get caught up on the issue, I happened to see these comments as well...

No cheerleaders or bid zaps for sickly old me? Seems unfair.

I always thought that the pins needed to be in the bidder's possession before they can place a bid. It seems like it should apply to both bidder and auctioneer.

I do believe that there should be a rule change, since no one wan ts to feel excluded and I don't believe we go on DPF to feel excluded

I remember being on the other end of two of those "auction zaps" already. It's not a fun position to be in.

So clearly, this is an issue that can (quite understandingly) end up causing some hurt feelings. And like Shaya says, DPF is the last place where people should feel excluded! <3 (Unfortunately, I've felt the same way myself somewhere else on the forum, so I guess that's why this hits a nerve for me.)

Again, I'm totally in favor of donation bids! I just think they need to be handled with sensitivity; I think the "in-hand by close of auction" rule is pretty fair. But maybe a mod can weigh in and make a judgment call on whether that rule can be waived here?

Anyway, sorry if I'm out of line for jumping in! I just hate to think that Erin's feelings could be hurt. <3 <3 <3 But she and Omi are both amazing and Omi is obviously well-deserving of this prize!!! <3 <3 <3

Last edited:
Oh man... ok, I already have nervous tummy typing this LOL. xD I love everyone involved here (Erin and Omi are my homegirls 4 lyfe, Shaya is my fellow Greendale Human Being, and Tina is the sweetest), so I hope this isn't taken the wrong way. BUT technically @Spr175psu did open the door by mentioning that he was donating pins "Only because I enjoy controversy and causing a stir," haha, so I suppose the "controversy" has already been alluded to and that door has been opened...?

(I was trying to find a gif of a judge saying something dramatic like "you opened that line of questioning," but this is obviously even better.)

tumblr_niy8jlguQm1rdh9azo2_500.gif

Anyway, this whole thread just reminded me of Tina's previous BatB PODM auction and that there was some drama involved there regarding "donation" bids. This ended up being dancecat's official ruling:

vmPHdsb.png

So donation bids ARE evidently allowed (as I believe they should be!!!), but only so long as the pins will actually be in the bidder's possession by the end of the auction. The auction is now over, and I'm assuming Omi does not have Shaya's pins in-hand, since he offered them at the last minute. (I think in the future, we should probably mail "donations" at the start of the auction to ensure they'll be in-hand by the time it closes, and if that bidder ends up not winning, they can just mail the pins back. Yeah, it will cost extra in shipping, but it's worth it to keep things fair, right?)

And perhaps this should be handled more discreetly, so as not to hurt anyone's feelings. Because when I was browsing the old BatB PODM thread to get caught up on the issue, I happened to see these comments as well...

So clearly, this is an issue that can (quite understandingly) end up causing some hurt feelings. And like Shaya says, DPF is the last place where people should feel excluded! <3 (Unfortunately, I've felt the same way myself somewhere else on the forum, so I guess that's why this hits a nerve for me.)

Again, I'm totally in favor of donation bids! I just think they need to be handled with sensitivity; I think the "in-hand by close of auction" rule is pretty fair. But maybe a mod can weigh in and make a judgment call on whether that rule can be waived here?

Anyway, sorry if I'm out of line for jumping in! I just hate to think that Erin's feelings could be hurt. <3 <3 <3 But she and Omi are both amazing and Omi is obviously well-deserving of this prize!!! <3 <3 <3
Your right and I didn't even think about this when making my decision.

Per the rules it looks as thought I will have to eliminate the addition to @pretty Omi bid and go with the previous leaderboard which awards the pin to @watzshakinbacon

I apologize for all the confusion with this auction

Whoops! Sorry @pretty Omi. Couldn’t find a gif of Judy saying, “actually it’s your word against yours.” I’ll just keep twiddling my thumbs until @CanaDaLE puts up her little mermaid PODM. Pretty please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back