• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin 2526 Disneyana 2000 Small World Series -- #8 'And One Golden Sun'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin 2526 Disneyana 2000 Small World Series -- #8 'And One Golden Sun'

Stewbaws

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I came across this little pin and while I don't know anything about the artist or series it intrigued me. I think it's genuine, is signed but I've no way of verifying it is indeed the artists signature.

I just wondered what the wonderful hive mind of DPF thought? I tried to get a few pics to see whether people think it's genuine. I've also no idea of its value. Pinpics has it as 55 wants but does a signature make any difference?

Thanks all :)
ca60ac1d7725d96efedfbc53db0e566a.jpg
34014fcfe56a1ddb4f94cd599bcb538d.jpg
b1c3ba969c9cb18a1059723ec164d38f.jpg
13cbd02dd1488bc8c38b0846d1507d69.jpg
8994cd44aa5ac5a229a6a9db4cd0a4bd.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Disneyana Convention 2000 celebrated "Small World" with this series. Its legit pin. I, personally, don't give anymore or less value on the signature. Very nice series and I still have some up for Trade.

I actually got this pin from Rasputin's game so it's safe to say the pin Artist's signature is legit. It's common for many Disney Artists to sign their work but it may not mean much to the collector/reseller unless they are well known/sought as collectible. As for the artist, Quynh Kimball may not have name recognition others get but he is listed as a Disney Graphic Design Artist that spans different types of artwork and graphics, not just pins; He is actually the artist behind the theme park versions of Monopoly, Clue, and The game of Life...
Get Your (Disney) Game On!

662f6dca-b53e-4bed-a2c7-e88319723d6e-original.jpg

Quynh Kimball was on a D23 panel and he now does a lot of the graphic backer cards for the pins. That's why you are seeing a lot more backer cards that reflect the pin purpose beyond the "plain black backer cards".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back