• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

GUIDE PIN BACK's (Dont lose your Lanyard Pins Ever Again)

Hey guys and girls.
I just thought I would share this with you because someone had just told me about losing a really valuable pin from their lanyard. While It may sound like I am endorsing a particular pin back (well I am) I dont even know the person I buy them from other than their screen name on EBay.

Anyways, here we go.

The rubber Mickey Backs work ok but if you ever snag a pin or you are on a ride and getting shook around, or even in normal walking, they can come loose. I am sure you haveall had ones that go on really tight and other times really loose and look for a tighter one.

Didneyland sells a binding post system to keep pins on. BAD IDEA. The small allen scres that tightens to the post puts a small dent in the post. The post is actually pretty soft and once it get this dent, it is not as strong and can bend and break. It creats a weak point.

Most of you may be familiar with the everyday tie tack bak with the little ears on both sides that you squeez to get off. These work really well and the more you pull on the pin, the tighter it gets.

Someone has taken tie tacks to the next level and made a really nice Chrome one that has a spring mechanism and it totally awesome. I also like it because it does not snag on anything like the conventional tie back's (even though they do work well)

I have a pic below of all 3 styles but I highly recomend NOT using the Binding post system. Whenever I trade with people who have them (and I always carry the wrench) I look at the pin back because most people WAY overtighten them so they wont loose their pin and you can se the big dent in the post. Pushing that into your book one time may work but when you try to remove it, the post will break.

Anyways, A picture tells a thousand words so here it is. Dont be afraid to wear your nice pins anymore. There is a solution but also dont damage your pin back.
(AS MENTIONED, THE CHROME ONES IN THE MIDDLE ARE THE BEST)

pin backs 003.jpg

GUIDE PIN BACK's (Dont lose your Lanyard Pins Ever Again)
Locking Pin Backs for Disney and other collectible pins-Secure Your Favorite Pins!
locking-pin-backs_8.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for that, I have some of the locking ones... and didn't know about the posts breaking.

I had one trade in park where I got a cool hidden mickey pin I really wanted (Ezma Bowling pin), put the rubber mickey on the back... and 15minutes later went to check it... only to find it had fallen off.... Ohhh well.

I will say the ones that uses the Allen wrench to tighten. Be careful as I ised those because I had my haunted mansion and a few star wars pins on my backpack straps and I lost one of my star wars Halloween pins. So someone in the park got a nice treat and trick on me lol. Just make sure to secure them good.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I use the ones with the screw and I appreciate the heads up on denting the pin. I have also had an issue with having no screw in them when I purchased them. I returned them to a shop in disney where I bought them and they gave me a brand new pack with no receipt!!!

Back