• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PODM Scrappers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be aweful. But I can't see anyone going to all that work. It's hard to get those cels in plastic without getting bubbles. Not to mention the 3d stuff.
3d things do get scrapped, but mostly scrappers are simple... That's a lot of work to scrap these.

I think they would be too hard/expensive to scrap and if someone tried it would probably be very obvious (hopefully)

I'm really hoping no one has or will ever try scrapping PODMs, but I think honestly that it'd be easy to tell they were fake. PODMs are something special and I assume not the simplest to assemble !

I think any pin that is made and sold by Disney, can be made as scrappers as well. How will we know if the same manufacturer produces an extra batch of say 200-300 of these per movie? It is impossible to keep track of with LE size of 2000.

They seem to be more expensive to make, yes. But, the profit margin is huge, especially with the good scenes.

I have seen a seller offer the same VHTF Alice scene 4-5 times on Ebay already. It is someone I have been suspecting for selling fake Jessica & Tinker Costume pins. So, it made me watch him even more closely on Ebay. I can not say anything 100%, but I would not rule out any pin being scrappered incuding PoDM pins.

There are a lot of greedy people who want to make a quick buck and they don't care who they hurt.

Last edited:
It's not real hard to get a hold of the movie cells and while 3D scrappers seem less common, I wouldn't rule it out. On the other hand I think the profit margin is much better for simpler pins just because of the sheer volume they can produce with less effort.

I don't think they're is any fakes of PODM. Just think about how extremely difficult it would be to fake those pins. People make fakes of things that are simple to make and I don't think they would even bother with these pins

I asked because I ordered one of off the 'Bay, and just wanted to make sure it was OK, or if anyone had heard of instances of shady PODMs.

By "shady" do you mean funny or do you mean the cell itself is dark? If the former, then nope, haven't heard of any. If the latter, yes, there have been a few (?)

Has anyone experienced PODM fakes? If so, what do they look like? Just wondering.
Are you referring to counterfeit PODM's (Fakes) or Scrapped PODM's (lesser quality from the original manufacturer)? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they are 2 different things. I would say they would be a challenge to counterfeit but scrappers seem possible but unlikely.

Last edited:
We have to be careful to use the correct terminology, Scrapper or Counterfeit.
I would think it'd be pretty difficult to produce counterfeits of these but I could totally see scrappers being produced on the official production line and not destroyed like they should be.

I have a Snow White PODM pin and the pin prongs are horizontal instead of vertical from each other like all my other PODM pins. Anyone else with this pin have the pin prongs positioned in similar fashion?

I have a Snow White PODM pin and the pin prongs are horizontal instead of vertical from each other like all my other PODM pins. Anyone else with this pin have the pin prongs positioned in similar fashion?

All the Snow White PODM pins have the two pins horizontal instead of vertical. They changed it for the 2nd and all other releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back