• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Private Message problems

Private Message problems

btowndude

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I have two problems with the Private Messages:
(1) Erasing or Deleting PMs - I have finished with the dialogue. How do I delete or erase that single PM.

(2) Creating a Dialogue - If I have a series of PMs going back and forth between myself and another member on the same topic, I have to shuffle between my Inbox folder and my Sent folder, in order to review the entire dialogue. It would be nice, if all the PMs on the same topic were strung together.

Hello! You can manage your private messages using the same steps detailed in this post: Managing private messages & creating message folders

And to view your message history with another member, open their private message, scroll down to the "Message History" section, and next to it, click "View History." The PMs between you and that member should then expand for you to view.

Let us know if this helps and if you have any other questions. :) Thanks!

ok, on a related note, here's another question: if i want to keep a record of the conversation and let's say just want to hold on to the last message received, but delete all the previous individual messages from that "thread", if I click on View History, will it still show all the previous ones or not, since they've been deleted?

ok, on a related note, here's another question: if i want to keep a record of the conversation and let's say just want to hold on to the last message received, but delete all the previous individual messages from that "thread", if I click on View History, will it still show all the previous ones or not, since they've been deleted?
Viewing a message's history will only show previous messages that have not been deleted. The only way to archive messages, without taking up space in your inbox/outbox, is to download them and save them to your computer using the similar steps outlined in the Managing private messages & creating message folders thread. :)

Do the messages in your sent items and other folders count toward your mail capacity? I'm having a difficult time keeping my inbox clear for incomming messages because I like to hold on to the old ones for reference or at least until the trade/sale is complete.

Thanks!

Both the sent and the inbox count - unfortunately!!! 75 is sooo not enough . . . lol . . thats why I usually quote the message in my reply so that way I can just save the sent one and still have all the info. I wish more members would use the quote feature it would save so much room!

I've seen people mention a 75 message limit. Weird, but my PM box says it holds 200. Maybe they changed it at some point.

Back