Problem: Having Double Pins

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by slbrabham, Feb 13, 2018 at 10:37 AM.

1. slbrabham

slbrabham Active Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Does anyone forget what pins they have and trade for or buy double of the same pin?

I'm in Louisiana so I have today off from school because it's Mardi Gras. I thought I'd go through my pins to organize them and to clean up my PinPics account. As I'm going through my pins, I realize I have double of a few of them. Now this was not me buying two of a pin with the intention to trade it or doubles from a mystery box.

For example, I just traded for the Patriotic Tiana pin last week and it arrived yesterday. I was so happy and showed it to my sister. :D I went to put it in my PatF box and realized I already own it. :oops: I guess I have more traders now. :rolleyes:

I'm bored and curious. Does this happen to anyone else?

krand1276 likes this.
  2. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    75   0   0

LOL I don't think it's happened to me yet, but I'm not surprised if it happens to people with tons of pins!! haha good luck sorting through all that!

Happy Mardi Gras!

Bonus: pic of me a couple weekend back at the krewe of cleopatra parade

[​IMG]

CCofRR13, xdattax and pincrazy like this.
  3. slbrabham

slbrabham Active Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

4. Haunted575

Haunted575 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

I had the opposite happen where I had two of the same pin -the Belle Tsum Tsum- so I knew I had a trader. I managed to trade them both away at LIAA event and didn’t realize it until I got home. I recently bought the same pin from Arendelle’s sale so I’m good again.

Sarah, lucky for me you had an extra Jasmine Birthstone pin. My siggie salutes you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Ajk

Ajk New to DPF but not to trading

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

I have to admit that it has happened to me a couple of times. I very much rely on PinPics to tell me what I want and don't already have. But sometimes I do a trade and forget to update it so when another trade comes along for that pin, I go ahead with it. Thankfully it hasn't happened too often.

krand1276 likes this.
  6. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    159   0   0

Buying open edition pins multiple times, yes that happens but not trading for LE's. That's what Pinpics is for. Plus, I also keep several lists in Evernote of pins I am most likely to come across when I am out and about so I can quickly check what I need. And I have some document files of all pins in a theme, and marked them off if I have them, and then printed them off.

So basically, no because I'm obsessive and anal about my pin tracking.

7. slbrabham

slbrabham Active Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

That's how I got two of the Tiana pin. I forgot to update Pin Pics. That's what I'm doing now. I did find some other pins I wanted that I own so it's been a fun morning.

Haunted575 likes this.
  8. slbrabham

slbrabham Active Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

#goals

I'm going to start small and to try to keep Pin Pics more up to date.

9. Haunted575

Haunted575 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

[​IMG]

Happy Mardi Gras!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. lynn99

lynn99 Member

Rating - 100%
    123   0   0

Yes. I did it more than once at LIAA - especially with large sets - I had lots of the disney & pixar alphabet mystery sets to trade, and needed lots. I ended up with 2 of a few.....

Keeping pinpics UTD is a challenge - I really need to get Will to put the ones I have of his into his own pinpics...

slbrabham likes this.
  11. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    482   0   0

It's great having doubles! :)

12. slbrabham

slbrabham Active Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

There are worse problems to have so I'm okay. I have more traders now.

13. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Speaking of LIAA, has anyone done the opposite - thought you had traded for a pin when you hadn’t? So when a trade opportunity comes you say “No, I’m good.” Happened to me with the mystery pins. For some reason I thought “Great, have them all now so no need to do any more trades for them. Then, got home and realized I didn’t have Love is Daring. Man that sucked. Would much rather have two of a pin than zero!

14. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    75   0   0

YES! I bid a pin that i thought i had doubles of.. turns out i didn't, so I had to send my only pin for the auction haha

15. slbrabham

slbrabham Active Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Oh. That's no good. :confused:

16. krand1276

krand1276 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Yes, this happens to me more than I'd like to admit. It's a cross between not updating my pinpics and accepting a trade and then someone I had accepted the week before gets back to me. I still go through with it because, 1) well, I said I would, and 2) instead of having the trader I had, I have a different trader that someone else might want. But mostly it's from not updating pinpics.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

slbrabham likes this.
  17. akbecker246

akbecker246 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

So... yes this has happened to me. The latest was this past Sunday. I was at the My-D Pins and Collectibles trading event and went to check out the store. They had a whole bunch of Star Wars Tsum Tsums I needed, so picked them out and made my purchase. Arrived 'home' and took a look at what I bought... nine of the Tsum Tsums, but 2 were the same pin... in the same purchase! Kinda sad to do it in the same purchase.

18. slbrabham

slbrabham Active Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Star Wars + Tsum Tsum = difficult to distinguish at times

I can understand it. Some of the characters look very similar to each other.

akbecker246 likes this.
  19. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0

It happens a lot, because me and sis are not sure exactly what each other have. I just traded for a double of something today she got at the pin event. I'll just slap it right back in the pin book.

Also, I just found out today about the whole county having the week of Mardi Gras off the hard way. Don't go to the parks the week of Mardi Gras...

MerlinEmrys likes this.
  20. slbrabham

slbrabham Active Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

It's usually a lot of people from Louisiana and Alabama at WDW at this time of year. When I have traveled at this time, I usually see lots of purple and gold. I was on Mission Space one year when I heard a voice and realized it was someone that I knew. Someone in my family always runs into someone they either went to school with or used to work with at this time of year.

My family and I have visited WDW numerous times during the Mardi Gras break. Schools have anywhere from 2 days to the entire week off.

21. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I have done this more times than I can count. This just means that you now have two of the pin ... one for your collection and one to trade for another pin for your collection!

Oh and Happy Mardi Gras!

22. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

LOL Sorry, but gotta chuckle at that one. :D

akbecker246 likes this.
  23. Blurkishgirl

Blurkishgirl Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Unfortunately all the time!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

slbrabham likes this.
  24. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

I tend to forget to update my pinpics account, so when it came to the Christmas exchange I ended up getting a set I had recently gotten in the summer Christmas exchange lol. But it having double's is never a horrible thing, if anything you can save one for trade or have one each for your lanyard and board...

slbrabham and watzshakinbacon like this.