• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

problems with pin seller on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
problems with pin seller on ebay.

curt oishi

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received 50 disney pins from an ebay seller. 30 pins have rough, sharps edges, which I think are scrappers. I contacted seller who wants me to return pins and pay for the return shipping in return for refund of original cost. I'll agree to return pins, if seller pays for return shipping. Am I being unreasonable?
I feel like the seller is trying to pull a fast one and get away with selling "scrappers" as real disney pins. Any advice for me? Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Just looked them up and it seems they are no longer a registered user... considering their location this might be the ones i was talking about actually,... not really sure though. Look like you will have to make a claim with Paypal to get your money back in full.

and i think usually your not supposed to say the sellers name on here :/ not sure of that either, as I am new on here <3

Good Luck <3
Laz

Thank you for your correspondence. We want you to know that we appreciate the time you took to bring this matter to our attention. We protect our intellectual property rights vigorously and we take reports of suspected infringement seriously. However, as you can appreciate, investigations are confidential.We neither reveal our sources nor generally correspond further with them about any investigations.

Please feel free to use our email address tips@disneyantipiracy.com or our Antipiracy voice mail hotline, 818-560-3300, if you want to provide more information about the suspected infringement or to report a suspected infringement in the future.

Very truly yours,

Antipiracy Group, Corporate Legal

The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-0527

REPORT THEM!!

Just to let you know you can't post ebay seller's info on here. That includes user name, email address, or any other way to get in contact that person. It saves a lot of hassle on everyone's part and also there are a lot of people on here who hate sellers on ebay and will harass that seller for what they did. Those type of people give us traders a bad name along with the people who sell scrappers on ebay.

I Just looked them up and it seems they are no longer a registered user... considering their location this might be the ones i was talking about actually,... not really sure though. Look like you will have to make a claim with Paypal to get your money back in full.

and i think usually your not supposed to say the sellers name on here :/ not sure of that either, as I am new on here <3

Good Luck <3
Laz

thank you for the information. i won't mention the sellers name again. the name that shouldn't be mentioned...lol.

They can report them to the info I posted,just send them an email

Thanks for that too Judy <3 The seller is now a "No Longer a Registered User" too...

thank you for the information. i won't mention the sellers name again. the name that shouldn't be mentioned...lol.

Good! Hope you work it out Curt Oishi :)

<3 Laz

Last edited:
i just went on ebay and the seller is a top rated seller and has listings still available. his business card states "specializing in disney pins and more" and he has a store too. so he or she is still on ebay.

Good Luck <3
Laz

Curt Oishi,

may I kindly suggest that you edit your initial post and the title as you are in violation of forum rules.

I think you are in an unfortunate situation, but Ebay and Paypal will not side with you about your return shipping costs. Their promise is only about re-imbursement of intial shipping cost.

You are not unreasonable in your expectation, but I don't think it will be possible to get the shipping costs back. I hope you will have better luck in the future.

Sometimes Paypal *will* make the seller pay return shipping costs. I've gotten them to pay before. File a SNAD claim and state that is what you want. The item you received isn't what you thought it was, so significantly not as described would be a proper claim to file. They won't always side with you for return shipping, BUT if that's what you really want, it's worth a try. It is a hassle though and it may be easier to just pay the return shipping yourself. I don't feel that you're in the wrong, though and if that is what you really want to do, you can try it.

Thanks sparklystars. I frustrated because I was sent scrappers. I think it's crazy that I will be sending the pins back to the guilty party, who will probably sell them again. Sad thing is that eBay doesn't do much about this problem. Thanks again!

update. i was given a full refund by ebay without having to send back the pins. i am now reporting the seller to disney and will be sending the pins to disney for evidence. thank you for all your help.

OMG! That is wonderful. Please do share with us how you managed this. How exactly did you file your complaint? I think that would help a lot of us. Often times, Ebay requests the "problem items" to be sent at buyer's expense. Yours was a wonderful outcome, I am glad it worked out for you.

update. i was given a full refund by ebay without having to send back the pins. i am now reporting the seller to disney and will be sending the pins to disney for evidence. thank you for all your help.

Yay! I'm really glad it worked out like that. :) It's not right when you receive something like that and are expected to send it back with your own money and take a loss on shipping.

The same thing happened to me just a few days ago. Bought a lot of 25 and they were all fakes. Seller refused the return. I filed with EBAY and they just gave me my money back! I was shocked but happy. :wiggle:

I am going to give them to my friend who will break the posts off the back and make magnets. I usually give him my broken pins but he can relieve some stress by breaking them off for a change. :lol:

it was very frustrating working with ebay. but i'm glad that i was persistent and pursued the complaint. at first ebay suggested that i work with the seller, which was not to my liking, so i escalated the case to ebay. immediately after escalating the case, ebay gave me a full refund without having to send the pins back to the seller.
now i'm not happy that the seller appears to have gotten off without consequence. so i sent an email to disney, tips@disneyantipiracy.com. i'm now waiting for their response. thank you for all your help. especially tiggermickey for the disney email address.

p.s. i also filed a counterfeit complaint with ebay against the seller. thank you disneypinforums for your help:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back