• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Question about posting links!!!

Question about posting links!!!

dlrpmad

#1 Stitch Fan!
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hi i was wondering how you post pin pictures links from pinpics, if you get what i mean. Im quite new to all this so im unsure of what to do.

Thanks
Sean

Hi Sean, I find that the best way is as follows:

Start or reply to a thread - click on the "Go Advanced" button, then

Type in your text - when finished open a separate window or tab for Pinpics & find the pin

Open up the relevant pin detail, right click the picture & select "Properties" another small window will open - on here highlight the full URL e.g. http://www.pinpics.com/img/p1616/pin80841 & hit the Ctrl & C buttons at the same time

Switch back to your thread on the DPF & select the "Insert Image" button
insertimage.png

Another smaller window will open - select the "From URL" tab, click in the URL: field & hit Ctrl & V buttons at the same time (this will paste the URL link!)
Remove the tick from the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" by clicking in the box

Click on insert image & your picture should appear in your thread/post!!

Let me know if this works!

Last edited:
Back