• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Question about value for HTF pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about value for HTF pin

smiley

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I have pin 63687 on my traders that someone really, really wants. I don't trade that much these days but they are also interested in buying it. I've looked on ebay and it rarely appears on ebay. So, what is a ballpark value for this pin. I would kinda like to help this trader out but at the same time, pin 63687 is like the center bun of on a Big Mac with my other HTF Wall e pins 63236, 63229, and 63233.

TIA

Last edited:
No one?

So is asking for appraisal help taboo or is it just no one has value info on this pin. I never see some of these rarer Wall-E pins anymore. Not sure what happens to them?

I know nothing about it, sorry. If no one is responding, they just haven't seen the post yet, or they don't know.

Not taboo...I think people just have Disney Designer Dolls on the brain right now and aren't paying much attention to the pin sections of the forum. Plus, none sold recently people just might not have the answer.

I know those early Wall-E releases were pretty hot when they first came out but I think the prices have dropped since then. If I recall correctly, I think Pin 63687: DCL - Wall-E Opening Day was going for around $40 at one point but I doubt it would bring that today. It is kind of similar to Pin 62342: WDW Cast Exclusive - WALL•E Opening Day 2008. That one was going sky high for while and now....nada.

I'm thinking that if you could get a $25-$30 value out of it that you would be doing really well. But if you really like it, you may just want to keep it. It is kind of one of those pins that isn't easy to find, but that doesn't necessarily make it valueable.

I usually help with appraisal posts where I can, but unfortunately don't know anything about this pin. I'd hate to give you incorrect info. Good luck with your quest though!

I'd trade you 63229 for that pin if you are willing to trade. Let me know as I am looking for the DCL pin also.

Thanks for the replies folks. Yeah, that pin rearly comes up on ebay so it's kinda hard to judge. Anyways, I've decided to keep it to keep my other Wall E pins company.

Thanks again.

I've had this problem with most of my traders... what I've elected to do is just put them on ebay myself and learn the market price that way. Of course, mine are less valuable so it doesn't really bother me if they get one bid, so that approach may not work for you. Have you tried asking the person what they'd be willing to pay for it?

you might want to try to fix your links or put pictures of them up in the original thread. I will start. This is the pin that someone has been bugging you to trade to them.

pin63687
Pin 63687: DCL - Wall-E Opening Day

There seem to be a lot of different opening day pins, ranging in value from $15-50. None of which are yours, of course. So, what I would do is value yours at least at 3x the highest sales price of other opening day pins (so $150 at the very least, probably more, and then go from there)

Last edited:
Thanks MM.

you might want to try to fix your links or put pictures of them up in the original thread. I will start. This is the pin that someone has been bugging you to trade to them.

pin63687
Pin 63687: DCL - Wall-E Opening Day

There seem to be a lot of different opening day pins, ranging in value from $15-50. None of which are yours, of course. So, what I would do is value yours at least at 3x the highest sales price of other opening day pins (so $150 at the very least, probably more, and then go from there)

Thanks!

Yeah, the links are to the old Pin Pics. None of the old links transfered over including everyones "wants" and "trades" links under our avatars. : (

A couple months back somebody put a whole Wall-E collection for sale on ebay I believe it went for around 40 dollars. I was very surprised that the pins didn't go higher then a lot of them did.

A couple months back somebody put a whole Wall-E collection for sale on ebay I believe it went for around 40 dollars. I was very surprised that the pins didn't go higher then a lot of them did.

I vaguely remember one with a lot of opening day pins but I don't remember if it had the DCL one (I remember a NYC one, FL, DL, lol). Tempted to buy it but had to remind myself that I don't collect Wall-E!!!

^ ^ Wall-e is cool. Great movie too. I also the the wall-e marquee pin and that has consistanly sold for ~ $350 on ebay.

starry_solo, I pretty sure I have pin 41419 BTW (the whole set actually).

Last edited:
Sorry, I lied. It's the 64449 set from Disney stores. Sorry about that.

AGH! If you ever decide to part with it, I'm looking for that too :)

:drool: :bowdown: :like: :shock:

A few less icons but still worthy of some good ones.

Oh and to borrow some from Kristin (I have no idea where she found these)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back